Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#107601 Fri Oct 08 2004 05:04 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'm really proud of the guys that host our weekly and monthly features. Alot of work goes into these features. I want to take time to give these guys the recognition they deserve for all the time and effort they put into these features.

Hubba hosts Quart Of The Month, with lots of help from Scott and Ted.

Doc oversees Company Of The Month. This month he's the host too.

Ted hosts Sign Of The Month.

Neal hosts Pump Of The Month.

Scott also hosts the Collectible Of The Week feature.

Doc hosts Buys Of The Week.

We also have a Globe Of The Month feature.

Please support all of the Showcase features you can by posting or submitting pictures or posting information. These features evolved from ideas from our members.

As Moderator of this forum I want our features to interest as many people as possible. I'm always open to ideas for new features. In fact there are a couple of features in the planning stages right now. If you have ideas for new features please email them to me at Lastgas15@aol.com
As you can see our current group of hosts carry a pretty big workload, so if you'd like to host a NEW feature let me know.
Coming up with ideas for new features is up to you guys. I'm pretty good (if I do say so myself) at coming up with a format that will insure the feature to be successful and interesting. So get those ideas for new features to me Lastgas15@aol.com and I'll work with you on the format.

In the meantime be sure to support all of our Showcase features, and tell the hosts how much you appreciate their efforts!

Bob Drake
Moderator of Showcase and Stories

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 10-08-2004).]

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#107602 Fri Oct 08 2004 06:21 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
GREAT....SOME POSITIVE ATTITUDE GOING ON IN THAT POST, BOB!

THIS SITE IS PUMPIN' AND GETTIN EVEN MORE PUMPED! CLOSE TO 2200 SIGNED MEMBERS....AWESOME TO SAY THE LEAST.

LET'S ALL CHIP IN AND DO OUR PART TO MAKE ALL OUR FEATURES IN SHOWCASE OF KNOWLEDGE AND VISUAL VALUE. WE NEED TO SEE YOUR QUARTS, PUMPS, GLOBES, SIGNS, COLLECTIBLES & BUYS OF THE WEEK.....AND HOW ABOUT SOME INPUT AND IMAGES IN THE CURRENT COTM FOR TEXACO.

I WILL HELP ANY AND ALL POST INFO, STORIES, AND IMAGES IN COTM, BOTW AND ANY FEATURE THREAD IN SHOWCASE!!!

GET~R~DONE, EVERYONE!!!!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES
BOTW HOST
COTM CO-HOST
COTM OCTOBER TEXACO HOST

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 10-08-2004).]

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#107603 Fri Oct 08 2004 10:25 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks hosts, co-hosts, moderators, and Jim for all the work. Well done and appreciated!

#107604 Fri Oct 08 2004 08:06 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
All of you are doing a great job.Thanks for
the effort and time it takes.

------------------
JERRY

JERRY
#107605 Fri Oct 08 2004 10:06 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
To Bob and all;
Although I consider myself the least competent "Petro Geek" host I am honored with the POTM feature that you fellows allow me to handle. I wish I was smarter about pumps but maybe with time I will learn.
I appreciate all of the support you give to me and the other hosts!

Neal

#107606 Sat Oct 09 2004 06:11 AM
Online Cool
I have to say that I deeply appreciate all the effort and creativity that so many people contribute to this online community. I especially get a kick out of those who say they don't know much about computers or the Internet when they start, but later become regular participants and even leaders. Although there have been bumps along the way, I'm proud of the way members have networked together to help one another.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#107607 Sat Oct 09 2004 08:57 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
thanks to all who do the work on oldgas.com
i don't get to view it as often as i would like being gone in my semi 3 weeks at a time but when i get a chance to view it i sure enjoy it,thanks again

MILT
GASALLEY
#107608 Sat Oct 09 2004 11:23 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Gas Alley, let me say that "you and people like you are the salt of the earth"!!
I was a sweeper, a parts cleaner but I have never been lucky enough to see the world as you have. Maybe one day if I am lucky I will!
Sincerely,

Neal

#107609 Mon Oct 11 2004 07:24 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
maybe the crust of the earth.haha.i have to say after traveling this country for 30 years there is not much i haven't seen.i like to take the 2 lanes when time allows thats where you see the good stuff.i probably have over 200 pics of old stations. by far the best state to see old stations is in tx.the back roads are full of them

MILT
GASALLEY

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved