Next Thread
Print Thread
#10739 Sun Mar 04 2001 08:55 AM
D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Over the years, I've purchased quite a few old gas pumps and large signs. I have hired moving companies, freight lines, and Semi Trucks headed towards Los Angeles to bring my treasures to me. I'm suggesting that we as collectors could use some type of "web site" that would list who is in need of moving a sign or a pump from one city to another, and then we could offer our assistance. I know I travel quite a bit, and would be glad to assist another collector. Any thoughts? Do you think that truckers might actually check this site to see if they could pick up a few extra bucks hauling a sign across country?

------------------

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#10740 Sun Mar 04 2001 03:32 PM
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sherwood:
Over the years, I've purchased quite a few old gas pumps and large signs. I have hired moving companies, freight lines, and Semi Trucks headed towards Los Angeles to bring my treasures to me. I'm suggesting that we as collectors could use some type of "web site" that would list who is in need of moving a sign or a pump from one city to another, and then we could offer our assistance. I know I travel quite a bit, and would be glad to assist another collector. Any thoughts? Do you think that truckers might actually check this site to see if they could pick up a few extra bucks hauling a sign across country?
Excellent idea. I myself have a couple of 6 ft porcelain Gulf signs that i have been reluctant to list on eBay because if I happen to sell them, I have no idea how to ship them. I don`t know if truckers would check this particular site, but there must be a site out there that they do check on. Anyone know what site that might be??

------------------

#10741 Thu Mar 08 2001 11:44 AM
J
J
Yup, maybe the Jim Potts could set up a little section on this web site for hauling. I know I'd haul for a fellow collector and currently I have one big sign that needs to go to Antioch California

------------------
classicalgas

classicalgas
#10742 Fri Mar 09 2001 07:55 PM
Online Cool
Ok guys,

I could set up another category on this forum for cooperative hauling of petro items. How much interest is there out there for this service?
Not that you three guys are unimportant, but I was wondering how much use this would get with our other users. If you are interested in this additional category, post a reply here, or send a message with your comments, good or bad, to shoptalk@oldgas.com .

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#10743 Fri Mar 09 2001 09:14 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Thanks, Don. We need this service!

#10744 Sun Mar 11 2001 09:00 PM
Online Cool
I have heard from some more of you via email. You want this service. It does qualify as part of the mission of oldgas.com

I have added a new category to the Shop Talk forum - Transportation Bulletin Board

I'm not sure how I can get non-collector truckers to see it. We'll all have to give that some thought. But if collectors and vendors work together, we can make the connections to get your goodies home.

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved