Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#104581 Sat Dec 13 2003 07:16 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi Fellas How can you tell a repo globe from an original? Milk glass verses plastic ? I found a globe in an antigue store price is 60.00 buck's seem's to be glass. Did the older one's have red/ gold crown in letter's on the lower band and did Standard Oil have varation's through the year's.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#104582 Sat Dec 13 2003 11:44 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Brian,
Standard crowns are something we've covered several times (just like where to find paint codes). You can search this site for the info you're looking for.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#104583 Sun Dec 14 2003 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Brian, Bob was right on covering crown globes many times in the past... i noticed you have a couple of questions. 1) all crowns with a 6" base are repo's so that is the first thing to look for. Go there and take a picture and post it. That could help us.
2)You are talking about glass verses plastic... the biggest thing with the plastic bodies are the newer ones will flex twice as much as the originals will.
The glass bodies are really hard and i can't help you there. They are making these in the original molds and the quality isn't as good. I have heard they are making the crowns with a 7" base and in the original molds but are to be marked on the base "repo" I haven't seen one so i can't say for sure.
Take a picture and post... most likely it's a repo because if a antique store thinks it's an original they would have it marked about $500. LOL

[This message has been edited by Jarvis (edited 12-14-2003).]

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved