Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Last month we did company collectable of the month was Texaco, this month were going to do GILMORE OIL COMPANY OF CALIFORNIA, so get your pictures of your gilmore collectables ready, Cans, signs, match books, pencils, you've all ask to see more Gilmore. you show me yours I'll show you mine, and more. starting Monday.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I got this on ebay a while back...

[img]http://hometown.aol.com/ethancarman/mypumps/gilred[/img]

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I'm going to start this just a little bit sooner because I'll be at the bash most of the week, or fixing lunch for the elvis an doc, then showing the pump master some stuff, so here we go. I got premission from my friend john to use the photos from an article about his collection. plus some is mine. show what you got. I know how hard it is to find this company anyway.
here we have a very rare pump plate, almost never seen.

I call this image Paper Mint.

with the paper removed very easily, I no you have seen these images of mine before , but we have to keep the ball rolling .

heres three nice pencils , they made one more and I'm searching for it,

this lovely map was donated to my Gilmore collection by the great Tedhroach. haa .

theres one more red can that I'm looking for plus a white and yellow, that are never seen, just talked about,

this is the picture of the famous raceing pit, check it out,

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 10-11-2003).]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw this go through ebay, then I forgot to bid on it, and it went Cheeeeeeeeeeeap!

------------------
Lance
pogogas@telus.net
www.pogogas.com

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I think its afake Lance, the ones that I have seen are more orange then red. and more detailed. just like the pump plate at the top is a fake , I wanted everyone to see it before Dick starts jumpin ha ha h , as ytou can see the lion is from LION oil of Arkansas and Los Angeles. some one made a big mistake. if theres one at the bash I'll buy it for you. hows that.?? because I'm a prince of a guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, I thought the fake ones were just printed on one side, this one was both sides? Maybe I'm glad I didn't buy it, but even at that, its a great piece for $150.00

------------------
Lance
pogogas@telus.net
www.pogogas.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone tell me more about these repro Gilmore flags, where do I get one, I want to buy one if they are available............

------------------
Lance
pogogas@telus.net
www.pogogas.com

[This message has been edited by pogogas (edited 10-11-2003).]

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Heres one of six images from Johns collection that was pictured in p.c.m. I'm setting up an apointment for a few guys in the north to look at his stuff up close. just for you hubba.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here the 6 cans that are known to exsist.

Next image is the HOLY GRAIL of GILMORE CANS

[img] ]

cookie tin

[This message has been edited by Dick Bennett (edited 10-12-2003).]

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I HATE LIONS LIKE I HATE WOLVES!!!!!!!! WHY IS GILMORE STUFF WORTH SO MUCH??? I LIKE GAS STUFF,, BUT LIONS ARE STUPID!!! YEAH IT IS RARE,, BUT WHO IS AFTER THIS STUFF, AND WHY???????? I HAVE A FRIEND WITH A BUNCH OF GILMORE,, BUT IT STILL HAS NOT APPEALED TO ME????? . ANY IDEAS?? HA ,HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD GIVE MY LEFT NUT FOR ANY GILMORE STUFF!!!

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Heres the second picture from the mag that shows more of Johns collection, I have two pins from Gilmore that I will show later . a 5years company pin and a mint hat pin. they also had 10 , 15 , 20 , year pins . the 5year had 1 star, 10yr 2stars an so on.

heres a picture of the famous pit scene at the races. theres so many of these floating around. thats why John asked me not to use the real photos of his collection but to use the images from the mag, so no one can copy them and use his collection to make repo stuff.

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 10-12-2003).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great Gilmore stuff guys...Keep the pictures rolling. Scott

------------------

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which issue of PCM was this in Dwaine? I must have missed that one.............
I understand what you are saying, you see something that everyone thinks is the greatest thing in the world, and wonder, why, keep the pictures comin'

------------------
Lance
pogogas@telus.net
www.pogogas.com

[This message has been edited by pogogas (edited 10-12-2003).]

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hey Lance, lets see your collection some day.
(heres picture number 3.
heres a picture of Johns globes, all four.

the next image from the mag is Johns tire covers, in mint condition. the adds were also signs, but as John said to me hes only seen them painted not procelain,

this last image from Johns collection is a nice bunch of cans plus he to has a nice mint sign. well thats it from this end now we can do Scotts Phillips collection. so lets see some Phillips. thanks guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You'd be dissapointed in my collection Dwaine, I only own a few clockface pumps. I sell almost everything I get because thats how I choose to make a living. But I do get to see a lot of great stuff and I have pictures of most of it, that I like to share. I have been in the right place at the right time more than once to save a rare item from the dump, and they have all found happy homes where they can be appreciated instead of covered and dirt rusting away. The best part is the memories of the people I've met, friends I've made, and the road trips I've been on. I know you don't like dealers, but without them, you wouldn't have any place to go this week? It would just be a bunch of guys sitting around Fred's, wondering where all the stuff is at, because they are too busy working to go out and find it. Its kind of like not liking the Baker because he makes the bread you have to eat, except anyone can make bread, and no one needs old tins or signs, its a choice?

------------------
Lance
pogogas@telus.net
www.pogogas.com

[This message has been edited by pogogas (edited 10-12-2003).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It is just awesome to see a collection displayed together like that, especially something that we all know is very rare and hard to find and in the condition it was in. Great job guys and John has an amazing collection. I remember seeing John's collection PCM. Scott

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Dwaine, when you go in and Erase what you said in a posting, people get confused because they don't know what the other postings are responses to. I'm sure what I posted above looks like I'm ranting instead of responding to something you said, then erased, which makes me look like a putz. You should work for a TV news show or a politicia, you could be a Spin Doctor.

------------------
Lance
pogogas@telus.net
www.pogogas.com

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Did you say something earlier this A.M. about my wife??/ then edited, Help the Hobby Lance. thanks .

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Heres a nice photo from dodogas, the Gilmore raceing car on the track, great action shoot Frank. thanks .

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
My one and only Gilmore item, but its pretty cool. This came out of the BOWES SEAL FAST archives, it is an 8x10 pic. Unlike a lot of the posed pics this one is of a car moving at speed. It lacks a bit of clarity, but that is made up for by the artists work that was added; speed lines on the wheels and coming off the driver. I think they also outlined the grille added the side stripes and outlined the lion and a few other bits.
This was likely done for ad copy, so now anyone ever see this in an ad, sure would like to see that or find out what year it was used.......................dodogas

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved