Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Hey Dodo, I'm thinking your sign looks like the ones in the pictures. I scanned these out of one of my B/A dealer magazines. Cool tow truck too huh?

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-16-2007).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Alright everyone, howze about a few maps and map cases. The top 2 pics are 2 different map cases from B/A. The maps range from the bow-tie era, to the transition from the bow-tie to the red/green logo, from the red/green logo to the blue/orange logo and from the blue/orange logo to the Gulf logo.
B/A also had birds on the front covers of their maps for many years, these illistrations were drawn by F. Lansdowne. Many people collect the maps just for the many different versions of birds on them. There also is a small write up on the back cover of the map of the particular fowl on the front cover.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Here is a pic of three different types of thermometers.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

And a pic of some different size and styles of patches.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Why not a cardboard visor for all you poker players out there?

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
That is the sign I got!!!, it has some paint loss on the edge in spots, not real bad though.

Man would I like to see a close up of the paper towel rack decal, I think I would like one!!

I got the two older maps you show, and a postcard of a station in Prince George with the globe minuteman sent a pic of. I also have an unused creditcard book and a bowtie hatbadge. (keeper)

Ever sen the plastic BA teepee the gave out in the 60,s??

Keep the BA stuff coming, really enjoy seeing it.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Hello Folks.
Last night Dodo mentioned how he like the towel dispenser decal on the pump island in one of my old pics, so I went through mt B/A Dealer magazines and found a little bit better one, it's a bit grainy from the scan, but it is neat.
The next 2 pics are from the magazines again. The second one shows the rest room key tags and holder which had eluded me over the years, and the last one is of a rare, or at least very hard to get map holder, hopefully these also will turn up someday and have a spot in my collection.
Check out some of the cool stock on the shelves of the second pic.

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-17-2007).]

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Here's a coupla pics of some lighters and some match books. The bottom two matchbooks that have Herb and Rollie Davis on them, I recieved from Herb. He invited me over to his place one night and told me his story of his life with B/A, very interesting man. Gave me a full case of these matches and an old B/A Heavy Duty Oil can.
The second pic is of two different types of oil change stickers.
Oh yeah, Dodo, I did see one of those tee-pee's on e-bay a while back never saw it before that or since.
Ken.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

These set of pictures start off with a hat badge, a driver safety badge and a heater fuel filler pipe tag.
The next pic is of a hockey puck, of all things, yes it is real, I confirmed it with Alex.
Next set is a barrel bung cover, just grab the tab and pull, a coupla key chains and a bottle cap.
Next pic is a billfold with a neet little saying on it with a penny under a clear plastic sheild.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
Good evening folks.
I think I will continue on with a little more history. I'm almost to the end so I will break this last few segments up and then finish off the month with pictures and posts from other people(hopefully).
In 1963, B/A was drilling a well north of Swift Current Saskatchewan and hit a huge volume of Helium, and formed an equal partnership with the British Oxygen Company of England and L'air Liquide of France to form Canadian Helium Ltd.
On a side note to this, I grew up about 30 miles north of this Helium plant and we would drive by it everytime we went into Swift Current. The plant shut down somewhere around 1971,1972,or 1973, I can't remember the exact date, and became a scrap metal salvage yard, the last time I went past there, about 6 to 8 years ago it still was a salvage yard and the original building was still in use. Another interesting note, is that a picture and short write up was in the Canadian schools high school Social Studies text books, in the mid to late '70's, not sure if it is still in them. Any of you Northern people around my age remember that?? I think grade 9 or 10 text books.
In 1964, B/A bought 96% of the Royalite Oil Company shares with over 700 stations and bulk outlets.
B/A also opened a Research and Development facility near Toronto.
E.D. Loughney stepped down to Sr. Vice-President of Gulf Oil and Charles Hay, former President of Royalite became the last B/A President.
Gulf Oil Corp. had now aquired 64.8% of the outstanding shares of B/A.
In 1966, the Anglo-Canadian name was phased out. B/A sold it's U.S. subsidiaries to the Chared Corp. of Dallas, Texas which Gulf Oil gained these assets for $86.1 million.
Next time, I will finish off the history lesson, in the mean time I will post a few pictures.
Ken.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

In these set of pics, the first one is a set of different invoice reciepts that B/A used.
The next 4 pics may be of some interest to Lastgas Bob as I know he collects gas station blueprints. This one is a site blueprint of a station proposed on highway 2 at Innisfail Alberta, about half way between Calgary and Edmonton. I'm not sure, and haven't been able to confirm anything, but this station maybe still in existense under FasGas or RaceTrac Gas. The station does look old enough to be around the vintage of the blueprints, I'm still trying to find out.
Ken.

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-20-2007).]

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
Good evening everyone. Things are starting to winde down for cotm, I have one last installment of the history I will do in a coupla days, in the mean time I will fill in with as many pictures as I can. Tonite I will post a few pics of some paper items, a few magazine adds, and a coupla t.s.b.'s and a restaurant place mat.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
Good Evening everyone.
I will finish up the history tonight and then finish off the month with pictures, hopefully there will be some others that can share some pictures and stories.
In 1967, B/A changed it's colors and a slightly different style from green/red to blue/orange. They did this to ease the Canadian public into the Gulf color scheme without the abrupt change to the Gulf logo.
In 1968, B/A acquired Gulf Oil's intrest in Shawinigan Chemicals Ltd, increasing Gulf's holding in B/A to 69%.
In 1969, January 1, B/A, Royalite, and Shawinigan Chemicals amalgamated under the name of Gulf Oil Canada Ltd, marking the end of the British American Oil Company.

Well folks, that is the history of British American Oil Co., I hope it wasn't too boring and hopefully it shed a little light on this company for those of you south of the border.
I will finish off the month posting pictures, so if anyone else has any stories, comments or pictures, please feel free to do so. If anyone has some pictures and can't post, also feel free to send them to me and I will post.
Ken.

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-26-2007).]

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
How about a few pics of some lube charts and a tractor maintenance guide and a trucking log book.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
And two samples of calenders.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved