Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Some one and 2 gallon cans and some 5 lb grease tins.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Various one gallon tins.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
Good evening everyone.
Just posting a few pictures. A Velvet 98 porc. pump plate, two tin painted tire display inserts.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Here are two different plaques, one with the orange/blue logo, and one with red/green logo. The paper towels were 2-plys, the printed ply was impregnated with soap, so the attendant could spray the w/s, use the printed side to wash the w/s and the plain side to dry it. Cool huh?
Ken.

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-11-2007).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posting these for DoDo........

This one was mine at one time...........

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
Right on! Thanks for the pictures guys, those are a good example of the early logos. I remember seeing that bottle rack of yours Lance.
Just got back from a show and shine in Didsbury, about 9 miles from here, I wish I had brought my camera, again! Awsome vehicles, all local, Calgary, Red Deer, even a few from Edmonton. Probably around 300 vehicles.
I will post a picture for Dodo soon, and see if he recognizes it.
Ken.

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-12-2007).]

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

DoDoGas, you probably recognize the farm filter doncha? I got that from DoDo off e-bay a few years ago. The second pic is an original Minnitoys B/A tanker that I restored, and last pic is an original tanker with a restored tractor.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Here we have some B/A floor paint, a fan belt, filter cartridge, a seal and thermostat, and a B/A spark plug.
Ken.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
Good evening everyone.
I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day, especially the Moms.
I guess I will continue a little bit into the '60's tonight.
In 1960 E.D. Brockett returned to Gulf as President and E.D. Loughney became President of B/A.
In 1961, B/A Sentinel Tires replaced Fisk Tires.
In 1962, B/A bought the Anglo-American Exploration Company Ltd. from Sam and Carl Nickle of Calgary. This gave B/A around 700 Purity 99 stations in western Canada and Ontario.
Also in the same year, B/A purchased Royalite Oil Company and Superior Propane.
1963- B/A now had over 9,300 stations and various other outlets in Canada with the buyouts of Royalite, Purity 99 and Red Head, these companies continued business under their names without the general public knowing that B/A owned them. All this accounted for 25% of all the sevice stations in Canada and was reported to be the second largest oil company in Canada, behind Imperial Oil.
That's all for tonight folks, everyone have a good night.
Ken.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Couple BA cans 5 qt to me- really Imperial gallons- thanks Don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Ken for showing us B/A! You are doing a great job and have spent a lot of time and effort putting it together to share with us.
After looking through my pictures I don't have a single B/A item to add but am enjoying the posts.

Tok likes COTM

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
Wow, thanks Don and Tok. Yes, now I realize how much time and effort it takes to do these things on here, downloading pictures and posting, getting the information and typing it out on the computer,etc, but it really has been a blast, and I'm glad everyone is enjoying it.
I came across a pic of another pump I restored a few years ago for my friends the Krpans, they wanted the bow-tie logos on it. Now, some of the people in the "know" of the globes better than me can correct me, but I think this is the original type of globe style that B/A used until they phased out the bow-tie. This one came from Kim at Service Station Nostalgia in Edmonton, Alberta. On a side note, if anyone is going through Edmonton, get ahold of Kim and drop by his place, it is really cool, and Kim is a great guy too.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Oops, I didn't mean to repost the pump pic. The second pic down is a number game for the kids on a trip to keep them quiet, I guess, the next one is a give-away to stick on your rear bumper of you vehicle, and the last, I just took a pic of the whole shadow box. It contains a cardboard or heavy paper mega-phone advertising velvet 98 and 88 gasoline, that is the only one I have ever seen, a pocket protector for "gas geeks", some patches, oil change stickers, pipe tag, credit card stubs,and station reminders.

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-14-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-14-2007).]

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Good work Ken , yes I remember the farm filter that you got from me, got some great stuff from that person.

The 2 tins of mine posted I think are from the 20,s, grease pail maybe earlier. I also have a nicer Autolene under seat can than the one picture pictured.

I just realized I may have something else for you. It is a pump topper about 22 inches long or so and a foot high with an arrow pointing down. Says This is FINAL FILTERING and is die cut metal with suction cup feet(2 of the 4 are there) It goes on a pump with no globe, had it on a 59 Bennet that was Dark Green ..BA.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K

Just a quick post tonight. Kim Pyett sent me a coupla pics for you globe and can guys. The globe is a one piece baked-on lettering, and a very old, and rare Ford under-the-seat can. Very cool, thanks a million Kim.
I'm just about at the end of the history lesson, so I'm just spacing it out a bit with some pictures, I appreciate the ones that have been sent to me, they are great, keep them coming. Andre, please try to repost the pic you tried before, we would all like to see. Dodo, I think I know excactly the one your talkin' about, I think I have some old pics of one, I will try and find them and post them. Let me know what yer askin' for it.
Ken.

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-15-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Ken Bird (edited 05-15-2007).]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved