Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#100722 Mon Sep 15 2003 05:52 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
from now on we will do just a company sign of the month, you can post any type of sign that has to do with this company. and anyone can name the company each month, not just me or Ted or , who ever , if you have some signs from a certain company and you want to post , let me know so we don't do to many in one month, if you need help ??/ you can email Lastgas=Bob. myself, Hubba ,Frankie, most of the guys that know how will help . thanks and have fun , please say something if you know about your sign , I have two sets of these 15" and 8", signs one set is early thats this one , they were used =the 8" on lubsters, the 15" was used from pumps to trucks ,
For the newer members heres a link you can put in your favorite to look at once in awhile , its from Keith Jenicek, of Oklahoma a very very nice Texaco collection , http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/puretex/

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 09-19-2003).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know this is not a sign but this is a hard to find quart from Texaco. Keep the pics coming guys. Lets see some Texaco stuff. Scott in KC
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3d734b3127cce8ed45c945b860000003610[/img]

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
42" single sided Gasoline Motor Oil

Ted

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Here is a great old colorful cloth banner I found at a meet in Mass. years ago. I couldn't pass on it. Not really sure how it was used, just guessing the dealer would hang several of them across the drive?

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
1936 Original Texaco Marine. One of my favorites.

Long live Texaco. Ted

[This message has been edited by 41150 (edited 09-16-2003).]

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Love that Texaco - here's a couple

How about a tombstone flange sign

And a 22" stained glass roof eave sign

More to come

[This message has been edited by gaspower (edited 09-16-2003).]

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Fins, asked me to post one for him. going along pretty good. just keep it to signs, we'll do so other stuff later so we all can show owr other stuff, as time gets more into winter and notas much to do we'll have some fun.

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Thanks for posting mine Dwaine. They're about as common as rocks,but they were given to me by a friend who passed a few years ago(younger than me, too)Gotta keep em!
I like being able to post my junk here...like when I was little and wanted to play with the BIG boys!
Keep em comin' y'all---there's GOTTA be more Texaco stuff in this group!

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
These Texaco keyhole signs were used on trucks. This one is from Pikeville, KY. Sorry about the blury picture.

This version of the Texaco 42” is harder to find. Notice that the top reads TEXACO not gasoline.

TEXACO outboard sign on oil rack.

A lot of the guys are working hard to bring us the stuff that we are crazy about. Let them know what you have. If you can’t post it, they will. I am wanting to see more.
REX

------------------

[This message has been edited by rext@worldnet.att.net (edited 09-17-2003).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
hi everybody - I am postin this for my Buddy Local Frank (FrankSargent). This is a part of his Texaco Station he built in his playland. Cool Local Frank.

---------------------------------------------
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
B
B
Figured I would post my two favorite signs. These are 30 inch tins, not porcelain. They are double sided very unique and old. I found both of these from a gentlemen in a very small local town that recently purchased an old garage, during his renovation of the building he found these two signs hung on a nail inside the walls. Talking with a few people around this area they remember the garage as being Texaco in the 20's and into the late 30's which really dates the signs! I currently have them both in a curb stand but feel they deserve a bit more if anyone knows where an early Texaco curb stand is for sale?? To add to this story a bit, also during renovation above each headered window was discovered to be stacked full of Quart cans, Havoline, Kendall, AreoMobil's, etc...
And the second sign

[This message has been edited by blakestar101 (edited 09-18-2003).]

Classic Car Community
http://www.oldride.com
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Wow Blakestar, those 30"ers are something else. They aren't in Pease's Texaco book. What a neat pair. Sell me one would you? j/k

Rex, is your 42" single or double sided?

Here is an old 30" curb sign. It looks NOS but maybe it was used--hard to tell. If anyone has the original stand and base for one of these, please let me know.

[This message has been edited by DCpate (edited 09-18-2003).]

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Very nice items fella's , you should be proud, thanks and we got one more day or we can go till Sunday at noon, we need to get ready for Monday, I can't wait till Rex posts, have to go down among the english tomarrow , take the grand daughter to the Lodi grape fest. see you there Jason.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A picture of two signs that I bought recently. They were found in France.

GasPump Rob

------------------

D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
DoDogas asked me to post this sign for him, a rolled sign from 1945 , it could have been for a post, or a pipe??? just guessing because of the roll, nice sign.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved