Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10027 Mon Dec 11 2000 12:41 PM
O
OP Offline
O
hi i am looking for somone that can paint counter #s or the best way to do this ? or maybe somone has good # for neptune pump i can buy ?? please help thanks mike

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#10028 Wed Dec 13 2000 09:09 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mike, Do you have the painted wheels (white with black numbers) or the debossed style (black with white numbers)? Either way you can use a decal (email me). If you have the black wheels, you can use a very fine tipped brush to 'lay down' some slow drying white enamel. It a long job but will look great. Ron

------------------
Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
#10029 Sun Dec 17 2000 02:31 PM
V
V
If you have the indented wheels you can begin by painting the entire surface of the wheel the color of the numbers. The next step is to apply the background color with a very firm sponge rubber roller or a gum rubber roller. Gum rubber rollers are primarily used in taking fingerprints and can be found at police supply stores. Another trick is to begin as step one above and then to CAREFULLY apply petroleum jelly to the numbers. Use spray paint to apply the background color and after it dries you will find that the paint that was sprayed over the jelly comes right off. If your wheels are flat, buy a decal. Steve

#10030 Mon Dec 18 2000 05:42 PM
G
G
Hey Oldgasman,

If you are not going for a championship restoration ( no offense to the previous gents) then I have the easiest alterative for your number painting. Go to your local craft and art place and buy one black & one white paint pen. They do great job and the tip fits right in the groove of the number. I do it all the time, and have sold at least 10 gas pumps with the #'s done this way.

See ya and hope I helped,

David

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved