Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#604364 Fri Mar 20 2015 05:31 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Morning gassers. Up earlier than usual this morning as the boss had to drive her folks to a doctors appointment and when she's awake, everybody's awake! That's ok, maybe I can get a head start today and actually get something done before noon. Well, spring is officially here today. Got a good rain overnight with the gray skies still lingering but the forecast is for a warmer day and even better weekend. The rain has the lakes on the rise which is good for the fishing unless it rains too much. The crappie and white bass are already showing up so it won't be long before they are in full swing. Have a good weekend all....GB

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morning Gary and all you other Old Gassers! Colder here this morning with the threat of a snowstorm forecast? What the heck? Snowstorm??? Yes, that's right, a snowstorm! They say that up to 5 inches are possible today? What the heck? Why can't it be somewhere else like "DULUTH"? LOL
I think this will be one of those days where most of my time is spent in the shop. At least its warm in there.
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Warning!! Stay off the streets in Northwest Ohio, My Daughter is getting her drivers permit today.

Good morning gang!

Haha Kevin is getting snow! We are supposed to get RAIN!! For once, Kevins weather stays in ND!! Yipee! Haha.

Cool morning here, rain is supposed to start around 3 this afternoon. My wife and I are heading out to the cabin later today. My mom and step dad are going to join us. Saturday we are planning on heading down towards Milwaukee to pick up a boat. The one that was in Oklahoma fell through. The seller was just too slow at getting back to me. After three weeks of emails and promises to call on a certain date (and not following through), I finally gave up on it.

I am still fighting a cough, I hope it ends soon.

Have a good day everybody!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Online Cool
Good Morning Everyone,

Happy 1st Day of Spring! Sorry to those of you who are stuck in Winter for a little longer. Supposed to dry out and get into the mid-60s today. That's way better than snow.

My neighbor was doing some gardening changes the other day and offered me some rocks for landscaping. I said I'll take them. Before I knew it, I had a ton of 6" - 18" tiff rock in my truck and wondering what to do with them. Tiff rocks are a local brownish stone that is full of holes. Like I needed another project right now. At least they won't go bad while I'm coming up with a plan.

Have a great TGIF Friday out there in Oldgasland!

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Morning Oldgasers Light rain overnight,warm up and clear sky in store for this weekend. Hope we get a couple of dry days. We went from snow and ice right in to rainy season seems like.

Jim so the neighbor talked you in to hauling off his rock huh? Did he have a grin on as you drove off. I have a big pile with plans that has been there for couple years if you need some more.

Headed to the place in the country if everything lines up. Its not looking to good right now but I have still have hope.

HAG-WEEKEND-ALL!!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jeff - A good student is often the result of a good teacher...so what kind of teacher are you! LOL

Jim - could you post a picture of the rocks so we can see what the heck brown rocks full of holes look like? Just curious...

Online Cool
Originally Posted By: Nicole
Jim - could you post a picture of the rocks so we can see what the heck brown rocks full of holes look like? Just curious...

Nicole,
Not sure if tiff rock is the correct geological term, but that is what locals call them. They can be found here and there locally and also in piles left from mining operations after they got the good stuff they were looking for. Some rocks have deposits of quartz in them which makes them sparkle in the sun.

http://dnr.mo.gov/geology/geosrv/imac/barite.htm

They are used in landscape borders and walls. Crushed tiff rock is sold as a rusty red/tan gravel ground cover.

tiffrock.jpg
Tiff rock

Last edited by Oldgas; Fri Mar 20 2015 03:02 PM. Reason: add link

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved