Next Thread
Print Thread
#53701 Tue Jan 25 2005 07:48 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I need to clean my sight glasses on my 36B and need to know if the notched ring is threaded similar to the WAYNE 60 and a special wrench needed... or if you just need to unbolt the ring on top of the notched ring.
Thanks for the help!
Rod

------------------

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#53702 Tue Jan 25 2005 07:54 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rod...its been awhile for me taking one off ...but if i recall correctly...just unbolt it...i dont think i needed a special tool like you do on the Wayne 60. Good luck my friend...let us know how it goes.

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#53703 Wed Jan 26 2005 07:35 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Thanks, Hubba , for your help.
Rod

------------------

#53704 Sat Jan 29 2005 08:47 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Well, yesterday I got back to the removal and found that after removing the 8 bolts around the sight glass, nothing was going to move. I had soaked these several days beforehand with penetrating oil. I tappped lightly with a rubber hammer, but nothing (the glass or the notched retainer ring)loosened up. I took a 6 inch piece of 1/2 inch pipe which fit into the notches on the retainer ring nearest the glass and tapped it counterclockwise. Good things started to happen. Come to find out that this notched ring threads into the ring that is held onto the manifold with the 8 bolts. Thoses 8 bolt still need to be removed before retainer ring can completely removed as the inner ring will not clear the bolt heads. The first one came apart much easier than the second one.
The next question:
I need to replace one of the 3 blade spinners, because of rust through, which fits on a shaft that looks to be about 1/4 inch. Are repop spinners good quality, fit this size of shaft? My originals were stainless and after using carb cleaner and steel wool shined up well, had a red circular shaped piece rivited on each blade. These could have been after market.
Thanks for your help!
Rod

------------------

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved