Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'm unsure why sellers list single items in multiple venues. Different situation, if you have multiples of the same item and can ensure that everyone who makes a purchase will receive one.

As a business owner who places an emphasis on customer satisfaction. I can't think of any reason that can justify the possibility of inflicting this sort of disappointment upon a potential buyer who makes a purchase in good faith. Only to be told by the seller that it is sold; because the seller listed an item in multiple venues.

Most sellers would want to safeguard themselves and their buyers from this sort of situation rather then create it. Why would a seller; especially, those that supplement their livelihood or at the very least their ability to collect, risk biting the hand that feeds them???

But, then again I realize to some people a quick sale can be more important then the possible chance of offending others. I have never had to to put my desperation to sell an item before the satisfaction of my potential buyers. I guess every seller has their on finances or lack of to consider.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IMO, if seller states in description item is for sale in different arena's this would cover you- as a buyer you have been told- if not disclosed no body's fault except the sellers, bad business... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm assuming my Flying A sign brought you to post this?... so I will only post my (bias) view.

I ran that Flying A plate on ebay for nearly a month at $640 obo... with no sale. I decided to post on OG because I know not everyone shops on eBay. I also posted the ebay number to let everyone know that it was listed as well.

It was sold at 4pm via PM on this site, while I was on my drive home. I did not get home until nearly 8pm, and by then it had also sold on ebay. I apologized for the mixup, refunded the money, and that was it.

Dave... I personally feel anyone has the right to list as many places as they want (when listed for a buy-it-now price)... as long as you show due diligence in removing it when it sells. and I would guess that many feel the same way judging from what I have seen. Many veteran members of this site & the hobby do the same with ebay, their own site, & this forum.

and the only thing that feeds me or affects my livelihood is my career. that is why I refer to this as a hobby, cause its not a job... I dont need two of those.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved