Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#487183 Thu Oct 24 2013 06:32 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I just want to give a big thank you to KW and Mick for helping get my spinner clock to Peotone. KW, it was really nice meeting you and would like to visit in the spring. Thank you for transporting it. Mick, we hung it last night and it is so WAY COOL. The lights travel in different directions than my Quaker State clock. So sharp in the dark. Couldn't run any of the 3 - 16 row combines yesterday because of a major design flaw in the auger (won't turn fast enough for the amount of corn going up into the bin causing complete plug ups and ultimate shutdowns. (we are switching to 12 row heads and the company is going to pay for down time and whatever else is involved). Deere is sending two engineers this morning out ( hope they have been on a farm before HA . So we came back here and hung the clock along with other signs I got. Again you guys, thank you for making this possible. Mick , come and get the Fry anytime. Cold beer is in the fridge! :0 Keep warm you guys - record cold here. Rob

1 BAD ZR1 #487185 Thu Oct 24 2013 07:03 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rob--Nice to have met you too! Getting things to different parts of the country is just the Old Gas Transportation System!
I left Peotone with items for 3 different collectors on board. I've had numerous other collectors help me at times and I've hauled many things for others over the years!
Some of these items we covet, get too expensive when you throw the cost of transportation into the factor! I was glad to help out and am always willing to help other Old Gassers when I can!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
K W FRITH #487186 Thu Oct 24 2013 07:14 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks so much KW. Since your a farmer, as of ten minutes ago Deere says we have to permanatley leave the 16 row heads off these BRAND NEW combines till they can figure out why even at slow to medium speed the auger can't take 200 bu acre corn. Again I say KW- suppose the dude that designed this system ever thought we would go more than 1 mph?? Have a good one and I will be up in your country in the spring to see you. Thanks so much again. If I can help you , holler at me if I am not out using "corn Huskers Lotion" and picking by hand !! smile Rob

1 BAD ZR1 #487189 Thu Oct 24 2013 08:01 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Rob, from being a small time farmer years ago on the hills of Western PA., I recently visited the big Farm Expo in London, Ohio with some of my relatives. As I looked at these giant combines, I kept wondering if they always performed as advertised. The field demonstrations were so short & quick that I couldn't get a good handle on actual performances on the farm. Anyways, your new machines are bigger than some of our fields were! Imagine, we used a 5' cut pull behind combine! Good luck with the J.D. engineers.

Savinsam #487199 Thu Oct 24 2013 09:37 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
We are running 8,000 bu an hr with the 16 row heads. Takes a lot of trucks and dump carts to handle all that. Supposedly the dealer is bringing us out next week the newest greatest 4 wheel drive to try. Somewhere between 600 and 700 hp. With all my drag racing background I always turn up the turbos anyway as these are leased and back at the dealer 2nd or 3rd week in Nov depending on wx.. We are running three 4 wheel drives right now with 30 ft wide chisel plows. One 4 wheeler per combine. Usually stay about 1/2 field away so we can run at an angle. Yes, if my father were alive he would croak. One of the rigs I ran all night the other night measured out 2 ft longer than the state of il will allow a semi to be. Problem: Getting intelligant people that can run computers (and that big a rig) as they steer by GPS if you want (of course you get a warning when you get to the end and go to manual to turn around. Okay, got to run. To bad your not out here, I would let you drive one! Rob

1 BAD ZR1 #487201 Thu Oct 24 2013 09:54 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Ha Ha I spelled intelligent wrong. Surprised DB hasn't caught that. What a fail I am frown

1 BAD ZR1 #487241 Thu Oct 24 2013 01:29 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Look forward to coming down Rob,and I also want to thank Kevin for stopping and letting me drop the clock,since I couldn't make the show. The Oldgas " Fast And Reliable Transport(OLD-FART)" is a great way to get stuff around the country!! blush grin

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Thu Oct 24 2013 04:47 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
oldnfuelish #487281 Thu Oct 24 2013 04:44 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Mick is a stand up guy and helped me out big time getting something a while back.

Mick, I ended up selling the neon clock as I ran into too many problems and will try to pick up a better one in the future. Thanks for you help on that as well.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved