Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
J
Originally Posted By: redhotrelics
HAHA guys guys...relax.. i knew this would blow up in my face.. Thats my brother Joe. He sells signs here and there but not at the level that i do. No I DO NOT HAVE 2 ACCOUNTS. He helps me out sometimes by taking pics, lifting heavy signs, pumps, and some other things. Please dont affiliate me with his account. He paid for the sign,,hes selling the sign,,he gets the money for the sign. So theres no need to break down the photographs anymore.

It still isnt confirmed or denied if its a repro or original.. Clearly theres mixed opinions on here which is why i guess he let it ride. Plus its not like theres a handfull of these that just sold in the last month. Either way the sign got pulled before the auction ended and hes not going to relist it again, so thats that.

As for my letter thanks. I meant every word of it, and have honored what i said and also took the comments into consideration. I left sencilworks a positive feedback because i thought the sign i bought from him was original at the time...After realizing later down the road what he does i despise him and thankfully got my money back from him.

relax fellas, no need to keep throwing me under the bus loll

Personally, I do not buy one word of your response. I also think your open letter was a very carefully crafted letter to over come the fact your were called out for passing off unmarked reproduction signs the first time. I am sorry I gave you such an easy way out by joking about your twin brother in the photos. You really did not think this whole thing would blow up in your face, you just thought you could pull yet another fast one on us sign collectors. You regained some ground with your fake open letter, but you were driving the bus the second time you got tossed under it. As the President of Red Hot Relics, is this how you run your company?

KZ1000 #426479 Sun Jun 30 2013 08:40 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
"but, but, but, You guys have been collecting for years and tell me this is repro, I have been in this fast money making hobby for about a year and I think it is real. I think I'll stick with my proffesional 1 year knowledge and tell all you your wrong"
signed, Wannabee american picker

I am sorry but that is kind of how I took it also. Personally I have seen a few come and go trying to get rich quick since the PICKER DORKS has been on TV. To really appreciate these items for what they are is a LOVE for the hobby, not to make a quick dollar. Money comes and goes but these objects that bring so much fun. friendships, fellowships and just sheer excitment of the seek and conquer that special piece it what drives us COLLECTORS. The friends I have made in this hobby mean as much to me as the items I find, and one can never have to many friends!

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
texacokie #426492 Sun Jun 30 2013 09:14 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How many times have you been caught with your hand in the cookie jar? Each time we are to believe that you were just looking. I think, you have been given ample opportunity to prove who and what you`re all about. As they say....only time will tell.

Time has clearly revealed more to us about you then you care to admit about yourself. Public opinion is at its lowest for you as once again you are involved in a set of circumstances that has brought into question your motives and integrity.

For me this is pretty easy. You`re as fake as the kerosene sign. Like the kerosene sign; some of the naive may believe you are real.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Nicely said Dave, I am not that polite!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't forget the paper stuck to face.
He has had the time to prove who & what he is, Dave!

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
jerry if you don't want to believe me than that's fine. I would not be on here using my ebay name if i was blatently lying to you. You are too quick to jump to a conclusion without reading what I stated in the thread. If you would like to call me I am willing to talk like a professional with you. It seems you are not satisfied with my explanation c
Originally Posted By: Jerry Westfield
Originally Posted By: redhotrelics
HAHA guys guys...relax.. i knew this would blow up in my face.. Thats my brother Joe. He sells signs here and there but not at the level that i do. No I DO NOT HAVE 2 ACCOUNTS. He helps me out sometimes by taking pics, lifting heavy signs, pumps, and some other things. Please dont affiliate me with his account. He paid for the sign,,hes selling the sign,,he gets the money for the sign. So theres no need to break down the photographs anymore.

It still isnt confirmed or denied if its a repro or original.. Clearly theres mixed opinions on here which is why i guess he let it ride. Plus its not like theres a handfull of these that just sold in the last month. Either way the sign got pulled before the auction ended and hes not going to relist it again, so thats that.

As for my letter thanks. I meant every word of it, and have honored what i said and also took the comments into consideration. I left sencilworks a positive feedback because i thought the sign i bought from him was original at the time...After realizing later down the road what he does i despise him and thankfully got my money back from him.

relax fellas, no need to keep throwing me under the bus loll

Personally, I do not buy one word of your response. I also think your open letter was a very carefully crafted letter to over come the fact your were called out for passing off unmarked reproduction signs the first time. I am sorry I gave you such an easy way out by joking about your twin brother in the photos. You really did not think this whole thing would blow up in your face, you just thought you could pull yet another fast one on us sign collectors. You regained some ground with your fake open letter, but you were driving the bus the second time you got tossed under it. As the President of Red Hot Relics, is this how you run your company?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Why did all the posts get removed?

Let's try this again....

The real question is; is the sign fake or real?

The sign is a fake. To me this is as clear as the attached video link.

After watching the video some people may say that this landing has to be fake: partly because there are no landing or navigation lights visible, that the crosswind patterns are wrong and that the braking is too sudden. You make up your own mind.

To me the video, the story, and the sign are fakes. I'm sure there are some members that will disagree with me on all three...oh well that's what makes everyone interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zesYzbCL3zw&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Sun Jun 30 2013 11:53 AM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
J
J
Dave, The sign is fake, the seller is fake, and I need not waste my time calling him. I called him out for jerking us around. We are just luck the whole post is still here for other people to read and take note.

By the way, are you sure the youtube clip is fake? LOL.....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Overcoming Temptations!!!

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Sun Jun 30 2013 12:38 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dave I have seen a few aircraft that have landed at Will Rodgers airport that look very similar to that one!

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
texacokie #426554 Sun Jun 30 2013 12:39 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: texacokie
Dave I have seen a few aircraft that have landed at Will Rodgers airport that look very similar to that one!

Before or After Several 6pks?

J
J
Dick, "TEMPTATION" is the name of the game, but in this game they are going for the green stuff! I think your "you tube" attachment is perfect, but I am sure it will go away and join some post that are no longer with us.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved