Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I saw a pic of someone on here that had a very cool hand truck that had a third wheel on it.
Is this made by a company or was it a special make by a member?
I searched quite a while but could not find where I saw that pic and who had it.
I would like to get one or make one if I need to.
Thanx for any info in advance!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Dave, some furniture/appliance dolly hand trucks have a support swing out arm with wheels that lay the load back at an angle, are you talking about those?

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Here's another version

All these are available at handtrucksrus.com

This last one is rated at 1600 lbs, enough to handle all but the largest items.

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
wink You may have seen a copy of mine in a listing by oldracer. I simply bought a heavy duty hand truck with floatation tires for use in gravel at Harbor Freight and 2 swivel casters with floatation tires. Tilted the hand truck at a comfortable angle for hauling, and welded 2 wheelie style bars back and mounted the casters. Put 2 upright supports to the frame to form a sturdy, bridgelike frame. Send me your phone # and I can shoot a couple pictures if you like.
Ed Steagall.

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
I use a dolly that I got from Tractor Supply several years ago. It has large flotation tires on it that work extremely well. It makes loading in dirt or going over uneven surfaces much easier than a normal dolly.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Watch out on pneumatic tires, most are only designed for light weight use. I found a set of wide solid rubber tires for my hand trucks that can stand the weight of a fully assembled pump.

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Mr. John LaPrest built one that was pretty neat it laid pump on its side where you could roll it. If my memory is working correct.

Looking back at post maybe it was Eds I'm have in my mind.

Last edited by Loyd Pierce; Fri Jan 25 2013 11:47 AM.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dave Bowman built one out of an old Bomb Dolly w/ Hydraulic lift. Cradle attached to standing pump, lowered to horizontal pulled like a wagon then tilted back to a standing position.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanx to all!
I just got the pics Ed and that is very close if not the one that I saw. It had the big tires like that and I thought it was a tripod design with a swing out arm but it might have been a double wheels on the back with solid braces.
Those designs look like they would help in getting one thru a doorway too.
How heavy are some of the pumps or what are the heviest?
The wayne 70 I had was probably around 400lbs with internals and the wayne 100b was around 100 lbs less with internals.
I wish I had a metal shop to fab some of this stuff but I only have a tig welder at the moment.
If I have to fab one I will have the base for my Parking meter done at the same time.

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
3 point is too unstable when moving a 300-600# pump.
When dragging them out of the brush or field like KW does, it'd be nice to have a self powered Crawler! laugh

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I think Tom Buckles used something like the yellow or blue one to move pumps at Columbia.

Life is like a video game. The more you play, the better you get!!!
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ed asked if I could post these for him so, here they are.

I like that one.
Thanx for those pics Ed!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You need some height for the tall pumps, I have used this dolly for years before I broke it moving a 500# boiler out of a cellar.

I just bought this 800# dolly, the big wheels are an add on and help in most applications

I keep meaning to throw out the broken one but just can't, If anyone wants it and wants to pay the shipping you can have it It needs some aluminum repairs and TLC, it is(was) a 600# capacity $450.00 dolly.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Check out website for: (Powermate stairclimbing hand truck)--I have the L-1 model with extra strap bar, larger nose adapter and the air tire options, pull 2 spring loaded pins and you can have the large tires on or off. At times it would be nice to have a wheel rest when you tip cart back but after load has been tipped back you can center load over axle and move anywhere. Cart is 100% Alumimun but still heavy. Purchased at a auction where it was used to move boilers and furnases into & out of basements. Works very well on rough ground.
Roger

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Man-Cave-Shoppe
Ed asked if I could post these for him so, here they are.

I like that one.
Thanx for those pics Ed!!

...looks like that thing they used to move Hannibal Lector around! grin

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved