Next Thread
Print Thread
#25784 Thu Jun 10 2004 11:46 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Today one of our fellow memeber helped me to create a new ad for the pcm magazine. I can do a lot of things on a computer but graphics and details are not my strong suit. Thanks Doc! I owe you big time.

Also I lent out a part from my fry gas pump to a fellow old gasser to make a casting of and he returned the part already sandblasted and ready to prime. I have never met either of these two but where else could you get something for nothing and then loan something out and get it back in better shape. Lastly a fellow old gasser sent me a part to try to have cast, i couldn't make it work but still what a guy for sending the part.

Somedays I sit back and realize what a great group of folks are in this hobby. This hobby rocks!!

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#25785 Thu Jun 10 2004 01:29 PM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
I feel the same way , I have met some of the greatest people here on this site, I've always thought that if someone does you good its your obligation to do good to someone else,The biggest problem I have with this site ,is when I call someone we end up talking for so long that my phone bill cost more than the part that I was after, theres a chubby guy that always says Help The Hobby, well this is what its all about.

Chris Holt
#25786 Thu Jun 10 2004 02:21 PM
A
A
I agree. While I haven't been able to contribute to the forum much, everyone has been incredibly helpful! This forum is invaluable to all that have the bug!

Speaking for:
Awesome Consepts Enterprises
#25787 Thu Jun 10 2004 02:25 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Thats right guys, HTH. I help as many as I can and it will come back to you. Theres a collector up in your area Chris. Emailed me about a sign he found behind an old station in the dessert. he couldn't get it so he asked me if I wanted it. sent Pictures . I no where its at. I thanked him. Ted and I will go look for it. If we get it or not I will send him a set of the Michigan Maids when we have them done. don't tell him ha ha . thats what its all about. HTH.

------------------
Dwaine

www.vintage-logos.com

#25788 Fri Jun 11 2004 07:23 AM
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
your darn right this hobby rocks and this website rocks!

There are so many dedicated people in this hobby that want to make an honest dollar and help people out without asking anything in return. I would like to personnaly thank Potts and Hubba (and any other hosts) for their time and efforts and money that go into this endeavor.

I especially enjoy the dedication to authenticity and calling out repos. Fraud only hurts the honest collectors and brings down values of the real mccoy.

Mark

#25789 Fri Jun 11 2004 08:06 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Scott,
You're right, the guys that post here are awesome. Most are eager to help and do so without wanting to be in the lime light.

Dwaine's Help The Hobby line should be this site's official motto, because thats what we as a group are doing.

As a fringe benefit we as individuals sometimes are the recipient of our fellow members generosity.
Thanks to everyone that makes this site so great! I especially want to give an atta boy to the guys that host our showcase features. Scott, Hubba, Ted, and Neal becuase they give alot of their time to help others.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#25790 Fri Jun 11 2004 08:36 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I KNOW I HAVE A LITTLE MORE TIME THAN SOME OF YOU OTHERS AS MY SCHEDULE KINDA FLOATS AND I MAKE MY OWN HOURS, WHICH IS WHY THIS IS THE ONLY ONLINE POSTING TO OTHERS TYPE WEBSITE I HANG AT! I TRULY ENJOY GETTING AND GIVING AS MUCH INFORMATION AND POSTING PICTURES OF MY COLLECTION AS WELL AS FOR OTHERS WHO CAN'T OR DON'T KNOW HOW. THIS SITE IS ABOUT RESPECT (QUOTING HUBBA!), KNOWLEDGE AND LEARNING. IT'S ABOUT HELPING OTHERS AND BEING HELPED. IT'S ABOUT ON-LINE FUN AND GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER THRU OUR POSTS AND MAYBE POSSIBLY MEETING NEW FRIENDS AND HANGING WITH OLD ONES IN PERSON AT EVENTS AND BASH'S.
AS I'VE SAID BEFORE ABOUT POSTING IMAGES...THERE ARE SEVERAL OF US THAT KNOW HOW (ME INCLUDED) SO PLEASE LEAN ON US (ME) - MY EMAIL IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE.
ROCK ON OLDGAS.COM AND TO THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THIS SITE WHAT IT IS!!!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES
drcoke@optonline.net

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 06-11-2004).]

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved