Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#293986 Sat Dec 31 2011 08:36 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have observed an abudance of "never seen before" License Plate Toppers, popping up on eBay! ( or Repopping ) Just concerned with the Gas & Oil ones, so please express comments, or opinions, or experiences.
I actually won this Husky Fake License Plate Topper, last year, and the Seller allowed me to Return it. Fonts were weird, fantasy piece. Any Husky collectors that can verify?

Repop Husky Topper.jpg

[email]capalmers@aol.com[/email]
#293987 Sat Dec 31 2011 08:39 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have observed an abudance of "never seen before" License Plate Toppers, popping up on eBay! ( or Repopping ) Just concerned with the Gas & Oil ones, so please express comments, or opinions, or experiences.

Fonts are all Wrong for Old Logo Gulf. Should advertise a Station location! Very weird, fantasy piece. Any Gulf collectors that can verify?

Repop Gulf Topper.jpg

#293990 Sat Dec 31 2011 08:45 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Look carefully... The bottom line is crooked!... from left to right! ( Crooked Seller too?! ) Should advertise a Station location! Very weird, very nice, fantasy piece? Any Union 76 collectors that own one, or can verify?

Repop Union 76 Topper.jpg

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Definitely recently made items / IMO

Last edited by pumpingethyl; Sat Dec 31 2011 10:56 AM.

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Fake toppers of all types have been flooding ebay recently. Some sellers are selling as new, some are not. Coincidentally, it seems that the same sellers are the ones, time and again, that are finding quantities of never seen before "original" toppers. If originals are what you want to buy, I would be VERY careful on ebay.

Last edited by pumpingethyl; Sat Dec 31 2011 09:15 AM.

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Sinclair HC toppers are a perfect example. IMO

Last edited by pumpingethyl; Sat Dec 31 2011 10:57 AM.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
It is already at $113.61 with 9 1/2 hours to go....

Wish it were real...Never seen it in anyone's collection before. Looks like old stamped tin, with a Great make-over!

Repop Union 76 Topper.jpg
Will Work for PowerLube :)

E
E
Fonts are hardly the worst problem of that Gulf topper.....the entire topper is fake...if you look closely, the entire shape of it is off...I would bet that in person, it is fairly thin metal made by cheap inferior tooling....I believe that seller has sold several of that shape with a few different advertisings on it...

Last edited by ebaygenious; Sun Jan 01 2012 12:32 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved