Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#292273 Wed Dec 21 2011 11:29 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
i am close to the paint stage in finishing up my first pump a bennett 646. i would like to restore it close to original specs but cant find any pictures of a pump like this. below are photos of the pump as i found it and it was roached out pretty bad i can barely tell it was red at one point. i am pretty sure the dino pump plate was added later. could you sinclair guys offer some input on what the correct globe would be as i have seen 3 different power x versions with white or red globe bodies. also below the window glass was an old decal that said contains x chemical anti rust, de-icer. has anyone seen that decal before or know where i can get one made like it. thanks scott

!cid_SSPX0068.jpg DSC02102.JPG
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
a few more pics

DSC02113.JPG 013.JPG 028.JPG
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
What kind of car is under the car cover?

Randy

Always looking for Hy-Flash Gas/Miller Oil, Hi-Speed Gas/ Hickok Oil and Paragon Refining items from Toledo,Ohio.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am going to guess a a 60`s chevelle

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I'll second that.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
'66 gto

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
He asks a question about his pump and everybody is more interestd in his GTO, I thought this was a petro forum.

Your pump is a Bennett 646 and it is shown on pages 65 and 66 of my Gas Pump Identification book. In the literature section of my website: www.petrocollect.com, the pump is shown on this page: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/bennett%20646.htm

Of course, I have literature for sale, but it is free to look at the pictures.

BTW, the panels look pretty straight, have you looked into powder coating? Might save you a $1000.00.

How about you guys posting some pictures of your restored 646 Sinclair pumps for this restorer? It's Christmas time, Play it forward.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Wed Dec 21 2011 06:11 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
jack thanks for the info. my wife bought my father and i your pump book for christmas but wont let me look at it until then. my buddy is a auto body guy so i am getting a great deal on the paint, i was just hoping somebody might have a pic of what a power x pump would look like. i have gotten a lot of help from ed shaver and matt alvarez so far. here is a pic for you guys of the goat. now how about some pics of a 646's smile thanks scott

gto.JPG
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
My first pump was similar to yours, but not exactly the same. Did it in Sinclair using specs from the above mentioned book. http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=251709&page=1

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved