Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#273960 Thu Sep 15 2011 05:09 AM
S
ss540 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Been watching a new game show hosted by Cedric the Entertainer called "Its Worth WHAT?" because the ads for it featured a Polly visible pump. Contestants guess the value of items and win money if they are right. Well, last night a restored Wayne 615 (I think) was one of the items. Long story short, it was valued at $6,500. The two contestants walked away with 0 $. Now I can tell the DVR to stop recording the show.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
ss540 #273970 Thu Sep 15 2011 06:23 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't be in too big a hurry to turn it off! If memory serves me right, there was a Wayne 615 restored to Polly at Barrett-Jackson a couple years back that brought $13500. I remember it from reading sales results.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
ss540 #273995 Thu Sep 15 2011 09:39 AM
Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Find the right buyer at the right time with a lot of cash and a need to have it, and something can sell for a premium. I'm 80% done with my restoration of a 615, and it's a gift for my Dad and would love to tell him it's worth $6500 grin But since it won't ever be for sale, it does not really matter.

I used to practically live at the Barret Jackson auction site the week it was on when I lived in Scottsdale a few years back. It's insane to see what things sell for sometimes. I remember a 57 Chevy with 56 original miles on it sell for over $250,000 (10 years back)! Good place to sell, but not always buy unless you have deep pockets and a "have-at-any-price" attitude. One year I bought two cheaper cars at the Kruse International auction the week before Barret, got them listed into Barret and netted a couple thousand more each than I paid the week before just for driving them across town - ahh, good times!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved