Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Hello everyone, we are new to the site and were hoping that you could help us!! We opened up a "vintage" store back in January of this year in Fayetteville, NC. Our store is called Back N The Day and we carry everything from old gas/oil, old soda pop items, and some vintage gliders/sliders. We came across this Goodyear Battery display/charger. We have had it rewired, but we don't know any of the history behind it at all. We were hoping a few of you on here might have some info on it. I will post some pictures of the piece. Age, year, value, anything would be exceptionally helpful. Thanks in advance!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
looks to be late 40's early 50's- cool ..

RANDY
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Back in the day people use to rent batteries so they could leave their other battery at the station and get them charged hence this is what they were used for. The performace of the older batteries and charging systems in older vehicles were not the best. Very cool item!! Very few survived and are in nice shape.

Last edited by 57tbirdkid; Thu Aug 11 2011 08:51 AM.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Originally Posted By: advertologist
looks to be late 40's early 50's- cool ..

Advertologist is right on about the date - late 40's. I dug up some news paper ads ads talking about Goodyear batteries from 1947, & '48 that talk about the "Kept fully charged and factory fresh on the famous Goodyear PowR SavR"

I have the original full page newspaper pages in PDF files as well, but they are to large to upload to the site here.

~Aaron

PowrSavr1.jpg PowrSavr3.gif PowrSavr3.jpg PowrSavr4.jpg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved