Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hey guy/gals,
I painted my Tokheim 36B cream color doors with Safety-Red sides, face plate frame and top. The base is black. Now I am trying to decide what company to go with. Just backwards as to how we usually do it. As I look through GAS PUMP HEAVEN and VIC'S catalog....
My questions are:
Would a CONOCO ETHYL globe fit the mid to late 30's or did CONOCO use only the red triangle globe? Which WHITE ROSE globe would fit that time frame - the globe with the rose or the school boy?
I had thought about FRONTIER but from what I have read they didn't exist until 1947. They quit making the TOKHEIM 36B in 1939, right?
I am thinking repop globe unless someone has an original they would want to sell or trade off.
Anyone have any other company suggesions for my cream/red 36B?
Thanks for your help.
And Dick, please don't say that it would look better without the top no matter what the color. LOL!!!
Rod
in Nebraska

------------------

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Rod, how about the Gilmore Ethyl.

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 11-04-2003).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rod,
Conoco used three different ethyl globes. The first was used from '27-'29. It had blue "Conoco" and red "Gasoline" on a yellow band around the ethyl logo over white in the center. The one that fits the time frame you're looking for has red "Conoco" and "Gasoline" around the top and bottom respectively, with a green and yellow Ethyl logo in the center. This globe was used from '29-'41 on glass and metal, or '33-41 on plastic.
The last was used from '41-'50. It was similar to the '29-'41 version except it had the Ethyl Corp. logo where the older version was Ethyl Gasoline Corp.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Thanks Dwaine for the nice pic of the Gilmore globe. I have thought of doing it Gilmore. What years were they in business? What part of the country were they in business? Here in Nebraska? It doesn't look like a repop. Is it for sale?
Thanks, Bob for the help on the Conoco globe designs and colors.
Anyone else have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Rod

------------------

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved