Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#200647 Fri Aug 27 2010 08:32 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Item 260655381571 I hope.That looks like a Mc/Ax plate from Dallas.I've always thought of that as the "western version"used in the Magnolia territory which would include NM.I've always wanted one for that reason.

Iknew that they are a different size;somewhat larger.He says that it is 11" X 13".The reference books I have say it is even bigger than that.Does anyone have a real Mc/Ax to compare measurements?

In any event,he sure seems to have a lot of them.That's possible.Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mine measures 12 1/2" X 13 1/8".

The 11" is the side to side measurerment. The official measurement should be taken at the points.

I believe it's real.

Last edited by Scott Baselt; Fri Aug 27 2010 01:47 PM.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It is the Real Deal...

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks guys.Scott,you really cleared up the issue over measurements.Iguess I better go chasin' LOL.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Glad I could help.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
When this guy listed his first plate, he had one pic, said he had 100 of them, and the bidding started at $10. The person who won that first auction only received one plate, but since the listing was weird and there was only one plate shown, they got a beautiful original pump plate for $50. (Unfortunately that wasn't me, as I thought it was a scam so stayed away.)
I've watched them all sell since and as anyone can check and see, the prices have ranged a bit, but this guy is going to make a mint off the pile! I'm thinking he must have made a bulk plant find at an old Mobil jobber or Mobil distribution center in Texas. He now puts a couple pics and they are all genuine and do vary a little bit in condition, but all have been pretty darn nice. I hope to wait a while and try buying one of the MC-AX Specials as I need one of those for my shield collection.
Bid away Old Iron, they are real like everyone said. Just thought I'd shed a little more light on the deal...and yes, all of them have been the type from the Magnolia marketing territory.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved