Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#186466 Sun May 09 2010 12:34 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I've been waiting for someone else to start this for the month but nobody as helped me. Don't want to make anybody mad but I went out and took some pictures of some old stations and a sign here in Cheyenne and would like to post them. Mitch

PDR_0107.JPG
This is a sign a lot of Husky collectors would like to have. It is not for sale. The owner was one of the largest Husky dealers in this area. He is now in his upper 80s. The daughter Glenn Neilson the founder of Husky as asked for it and he has given

PDR_0108.JPG
This is the old Husky terminal west of Cheyenne. The man that owns the sign also owns this station. A millionare many times over. As teenagers in the fifties we would go out there and play pinball until they kicked us out.

PDR_0109.JPG
This station on west Linconway old highway 30 has been turned into a custom motorcylce shop. I don't remember what brand it was in the day.

PDR_0110.JPG
This station started out life as a drive-in restaurant carhops and everything. I used to eat lunch in there everyday because I just worked up the street.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
More stations. There is a lot of them around Cheyenne someday when I feel like it I'll get out and take some more pictures. Mitch

PDR_0111.JPG
This as been a carlot ever since I can remember> I don't know when it dawned on me it was a old station. Probably when I joined this site and you crazys (me too) got me looking for such things

PDR_0112.JPG
When you here me talking about the Frontier station I hung out in as a kid this is it. The owner would let us kids put our cars up on the lift so we could work on them. He is still a friend in his 80s.

PDR_0113.JPG
Another view of it. Fine memories.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
The sign is big. It is a one of a kind made by Husky for the owner of the terminal. It is probably 10ft by 10ft. Ive heard the story of why he got it but can't remember it now. I know that he was friend of Glenn Neilson. He gave the sign to Neilson's daughter. Her and her husband own a ranch east of Cheyenne. She hasn't moved it to the ranch yet.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Nice story and pictures. Thanks

Barry
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice pictures and thanks for sharing, but Wes does host this thread. He usually posts it toward the end of the first week of each month, but hasn't had a chance yet. If you'd like to post pictures, fine, but please don't hi-jack the thread that someone else hosts. He does put a lot of work into it. Thanks.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mitch,

I am the host of this feature, and have not had time to post the thread yet for May. Like Tara mentioned, I typically start the thread around a week into each month. If you're anxious to get it started, please feel free to PM or email me.

Thanks,
Wes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That Exxon truckstop is just spectacular ! Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mitch, Thanks for taking and sharing the pictures. Really like the big Husky sign. Jack

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks, Mitch, for posting the Husky sign. Every time we go through Cheyenne I try to notice if this sign is still there. I've often wondered why it hasn't been sold to a collector. I remember stopping at the Husky station when it was open.
Rod

Looking to buy or trade old gas station memorabilia such as pumps, globes, cans, signs, free give-aways, S&P shakers etc. from the 20s-60s.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Mitch, thanks for taking the time to take pics. The Husky is really something.

C'mon everyone. Let's see what there is to see in your neighborhood. Grab a camera, take a ride and make some new friends. Show us your pics!

........Dave
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dave is right. Some of the best experiences I've had in this hobby are directly related to having stopped to talk to people at old stations. If you ever see anyone around an old place (or house with displayed collectibles), stop in and introduce yourself. Tell them you're wondering if you can take pictures to post in an online magazine or forum about old gas stations. It can be a real pleasure to meet new people that might have some very interesting, and historically significant, stories to tell.

Wes

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here is some Arkansas FOTW

Cities Station

Mobil station next to Central High School Little Rock, AR

Central High

Thad Harvey's place

Neat old Ford dealer

Joey

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Mitch I don't know how a Husky sign could get any better than that big of a one...... great pictures and thanks for helping out with the thread.
bob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great pictures everyone! I really like that Ford dealer pic.

Wes

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
cool stuff guy`s!!!! i`m doing a run through okla and texas and have spotted a pegus on a building and some gas signs on a garage in texas plus i found a original texaco pole sign that has been painted over at a truck stop in southern colo..i`m hopeing to get some pictures but its been hard to get a picture when your driving a big rig,,but i`m determined to get them..alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved