Next Thread
Print Thread
#148425 Thu Aug 13 2009 10:16 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
I just thought I'd let everyone know why I missed my first Iowa Gas since it began. I've been in the hospital. I was sick the whole month of July. Kept thinking I would get better so I could go. Finally after they tried everything,doctor sent me to take a ultra sound on a Saturday. They put me in ER right away and than too a CT scan. The doctor came in and said you have the biggest kidney stone I've ever seen. It's blocking your kidney which is swollen. Your liver is out of whack and you have pneumonia. To top it off I was in congestive heart failure.

That night they put a stent in next to the stone to open my kidney up. You haven't lived until you've had this done with no pain killer. Monday I had laser surgery. My blood pressure went too low so they couldn't complete the surgery.
Later that week I got sick during the night and couldn't breathe. I was taken to ICU and they turned my heart around. However now my heart was out of rhythm. So Monday they shocked my heart back into rhythm. Also during that week I had another CT scan and they discovered I had blood clots in my lungs.

Doctor told me I have a weak heart and will have to be really careful for awhile. I'll still have to have laser surgery on my kidney stone when I'm stronger. I've lost 20 pounds and am pretty weak, but I'm here.

Hope I didn't ramble too much.

Bob Hale

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sounds like a major tune up. maybe you will run good at an idle but start to miss a little when worked hard?
good luck on recovery

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow Bob! One thing at a time can be handled but you seem to have really been hit with a whole truckload of complications! Glad you're still here to type on Old Gas! You'd better monitor the computer for awhile and let your motor idle! The best of luck on recovery!--KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
wow is right!!best of luck,and glad they got it before it got even worse.prayers sent out from the dschida's a for a speedy recovery.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dang Bob, makes me feel like a wimp ! A clot in my leg kept me from going this year. But by staying home WE will be around to go next Year.
Don't need anyone saying, That was year so & so died at IG.
Take care
db

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My heart felt condolence to you,as I had a family member in a similar situation.They told me it felt like walking through a barb wire fence,over & over.
They came through it alright,and actually live better today because of it.
A speedy recovery to you with a chance of shaking your hand at the next IG.
Rick

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Bob, prayers to you from the McCauley family.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW!! I can't begin to imagine all that you've been through Bob. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you.

+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
We're Praying for you Bob, hang in there Better time are coming.

Chris Holt
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
I want to thank everyone for your kind words and thoughts. I'm getting stronger each day, but have a ways to go. I'm going to my urologist tomorrow and should find out when I'll have surgery to clean up the rest of the kidney stone.

Bob Hale

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Bob, you are the man! if you can swing all that, you'll come out alright! stay strong and stay positive! Get well soon ! Dave

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved