Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#140862 Sun May 17 2009 02:06 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I put this here because there might be others, besides Jack who hardly ever checkout the other forums, LOL.
As most of you know I collect most everything regarding "gas station" collectibles. I am, to put it kinder than my ex, "a little boy in a grownup body". While digging through some "treasures"(never junk), I located some "Franklin Mint" knives that I have never displayed. I am hoping that some of you may have these knives and will help me with display ideas.
For those not familiar with the knives, they are a gas pump shaped knife with a globe identifying the brand. On the blade itself is the slogan of the company.

The Flying A slogan is kind of hard to read in the photo. It reads; Flying A Gasoline "Puts Wings on your car".
I want to keep the blades opened and locked so the slogans can be read. Any and all ideas will be appreciated.
I have 2 of the Texaco knives, so if anyone is interested in it give me a PM and we'll workout a price we both can be very happy with.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
cool knives bob!i have seen those on bay,and being from the franklin mint,maybe you can find a disply case?or make a frame and drill holes thru it and use wire or twisty ties to tie them to the back?just some ideas,but i like that you want to display them open.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Borrow another Fence board from the neighbor & stick knives in for displaying.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Now THATS COOL!!!!!!!

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Dick, I already have his fence, just don't tell anyone. He's old, can't see very far and didn't need it anyway, LOL.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Those are sure nice. First ones I have ever saw. Thanks for posting a picture.
Mike

bruzer75 #140942 Sun May 17 2009 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Those are cool. I did not know there were so many. I have two that were given as gifts. Mobile and Texaco. They are in this display case. Can spot them?

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
THEY ACTUALLY MADE A SMALL DISPLAY CASE BACK IN THE DAY.I BOUGHT A BUNCH OF THE KNIFES AND RAN OUT OF DISPLAY ROOM!I CAN SEND PICTURES OF THE CASE THAT WAS OFFERED.IT IS ON MY GAME ROOM WALL!

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
OK!HERE ARE THE PICTURES OF THE KNIFE DISPLAY.

MVC-003S.JPG MVC-004S.JPG MVC-005S.JPG
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
I HAVE MORE OF THE KNIFES IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING AND JUST HOLDING THEM FOR MY KIDS AND GRAND KIDS SOMEDAY!HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Mark you have a nice display, thanks for sharing.
Matt, 4th shelf down are the 2 knives. The Mobil is in front of the tow truck on the far right side, while the Texaco is in front of the "OK" sign on the left.(For those that didn't find them, earlier)
I paged through some display cases, most are like Mark's. I guess I will need to get out some fence boards and come up with a design that allows the "whole" knife to be shown. Gives me somethng to do, lol.

R
R
It's been a long time since I posted on this site. I wanted to share the display I made for my set of Franklin Mint knives. I know you wanted to show the blades. Maybe you could show the duplicate knife open and rest as miniature pumps. Here goes an attempt to post images.

S
S
ranchpump: Love the framed 1929 Hudson Essex dome light!

R
R
My apologies to Bob Richards for hijacking his topic but I 'd like to share another Essex item with Super Six. Here's a dash I framed. Love the elegant pine-cone motif used in 1929 Hudson and Essex cars.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Cool knifes I have one I picked up off Feebay for a buck. Super & ranch those both look good in displays like that. Thanks for sharing smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved