Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131339 Thu Feb 12 2009 05:05 PM
F
fritz Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I bought an old drill press and it was mounted to a round (maybe 2' in diameter)cast iron base that is marked CONOCO in the casting. It also has about a six foot pole attached.

Is this worth getting a picture of and putting on the classified or should I just use it as a boat anchor?

Thanks, Fritz

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
fritz #131340 Thu Feb 12 2009 05:11 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i would say its worth posting a pic of cause lots of guys like conoco.not worth a mint but yes you should be able to get something for it if you are going to sell.also put it on for sale in the forum. mick

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The first thing I did when I got into this hobby was buy out a Marathon jobber, but before he became a Marathon jobber he was a Conoco jobber. He sold me everything he had, I just had to go out and walk his property to find it.
I found frames that held Conoco signs, but one day I found some four sided bases that had the Conoco logo and the Conoco name on each of the four sides. These, I found out later, were the bases of the tall poles at Conoco stations. Today, they are in somebodys collection.
Anything that has the name of the oil company on it is collectible, put it on this site, somebody will want it.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Fri Feb 13 2009 12:25 AM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
fritz #131373 Fri Feb 13 2009 04:26 AM
Q
Q
I would be interested in it being that I need one.

Tony
fritz #131381 Fri Feb 13 2009 05:50 AM
F
fritz Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks for the replies. I'll get couple of photos & get it on the for sale forum. fritz

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved