Next Thread
Print Thread
#8443 Fri Oct 17 2003 08:56 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Well, I haven't given up entirely of finding a manifold/sightglass option but if you're like me you aren't real excited about spending almost a third of what you spent for your 36B on a rusty old sightglass/manifold, which you'll probably end up breaking parts of it before you get it clean enough to put in your restored pump. I was anxious to get mine into the house while my wife was agreeable but didn't have it completely finished. While I was at work my wife found an electric TIMEX alarm clock with a 3 1/2 diameter illuminated face. I cut off a little of its plastic base so it would sit flush up against the face plate I got from Ron Scobie and screwed it to a piece of wood which sits on top of the computer. It looks real sharp and is a funtional part of the wreck room in our house. The best part is that it only cost $8.95 + tax at Walmart. Since most of us restore our pumps for ourselves I think it is sometime fun to come up with new solutions to old problems. Maybe this is not a new idea and maybe some of you have done this too.
Have a GR8 weekend.
Rod
in Nebraska where the tomatoes are pretty sick lookin'.

------------------

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
PICKED THIS UP FROM NEAR THE BOTTOM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, GET-R-DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved