Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Here are the other varieties that the other member gave me permission to re-post

EEC30E9A-F686-45B2-9CC3-EF15A6B9828A.jpeg B1A88C9D-C9F5-4DAF-9DBD-1A456EB48302.jpeg 9D7DA695-A075-4D7E-A436-92AE4DBE215B.jpeg 7D287C18-5D7E-4AA7-8D02-380070E65CC5.jpeg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
not a chance in hell they are original from any of those companies.................. and im not even anykind of an expert!

3 members like this: huskybob, huskybob, huskybob
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
There has been so much "decorator" gas/oil small sign sh-t produced since the late 1960's. Some of it was made for a short time...some of it longer. Some of these resurface more often than others these days. But, just because an example is seldom-seen in today's marketplace isn't a reason to think it could be real.

After seeing the logo work on the signs for the other gas and oil brands....I'll echo what has already been stated by quite a few others here. These signs are undoubted reproduction, decorator pieces. I have no idea why borntoolate keeps insisting he's sure these are NOT repo's. Perhaps we should simply stop trying to convince him. John

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
For starters.... some of those gas company logos aren't even from the same era, even though all of those signs in question were produced at the same time. So they are most certainly fantasy decorator items.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
B
OP Offline
B
I understand that these things make no sense. It would not be logical for me to completely dismiss the information that was given to me by another member (who by all accounts is a veteran gas collector) about these things and how and when he obtained them. When he says he got them from an old Gilbarco tech who told them they were blanking plates, I will take his word as to what he was told.

That said, it doesn’t mean that it’s what they really are. Since they are all the same plate, but with various logos, maybe they could have been some promotional junk that someone was giving away of some other decorative item that the pump guy was just using as a blanking plate for something because they had a bunch and they were handy to cobble something up.

I was really not trying to make these into something they are not Just trying to respect the info that some have taken the time to share and expand on it. Thanks for the feedback.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Well said BTL. I understand. You have all the input to digest however you want. Thank you and enjoy the fun!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved