Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#761707 Sun Mar 14 2021 11:01 AM
K
Kkoski Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I've got a National 30 pump that has some holes for pump signs that I'd like to identify as to what was on it, attached is a picture with measurements that may help figure out what these were, the bottom one is a v- shaped set of holes that may be Conoco but I don't have any signs to compare to, any help is appreciated - thanks Kurt

20210314_105924.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
The top possibly leaded plate

Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
Kurt: I have a pretty good collection of old Conoco gas station photos, and I don't think your pump would have been a Conoco pump for two reasons. First, the decals and signs used in the 1930's would have looked like those in the two attachments - either round decals for Conoco or Ethyl, or a rectangular decal for Bronze gasoline. Second, Conoco did not buy National pumps and I have seen exceedingly few Conoco photos with National pumps....so it is also unlikely from that standpoint too. Sorry that I cannot help you identify it....but I can probably rule out Conoco.

Ponca City, OK  (5th & Grand) #1a  <Wayne 861>  [125 Years of Conoco book].jpg Minneapolis, MN  (1351 La Salle Ave.  Don Fenske)  <Wayne 851 & Wayne 861>  [Roadside Memories book].jpeg
K
Kkoski Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks for the info on Conoco brand, the V- shape had me thinking that direction, heres a pic of the pump with a variety of holes so could have had multiple different signs over its 80+ year history

20210301_114102.jpg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved