Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Sorry to learn of Jack's passing. My condolences to his family.

ROD [Mich.]
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
"...An absolute GIANT of a Human Being of the likes we will NEVER see again"!

I 2nd this statement.

I remember when the newest edition of the Gas Pump Bible came out and Jack unveiled them at Iowa Gas. I kept checking at his room on the 2nd floor to see when he would finally open. I finally caught him early evening and I was one of the first to get a signed copy. I will never forget that moment as we talked for several minutes. It was an honor to meet, talk, and know Jack. R.I.P. sir.

-Matt
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I'm truly sorry to hear about Jack. He really put forth a ton of effort to keep us educated and up to date about what we hunt for. I can't imagine how many hours and how much money he spent gathering information for the books that were published just so we had something to use for reference. I always enjoyed having a beer with Jack at Iowa Gas and listening to his crazy stories. Thanks Jack and we are praying for you Cindy.

Goober smile

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
SO sad to hear ,knew he was having health issues. Prayers for Cindy, family, and friends. Never forget Jack was the one that sent me looking for history of Pierce in St. Louis MO. where I found a lot of info. RIP Jack!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
So sad to hear about Jack's passing. He was a one of a kind guy, and probably forgot more than most of us will ever know about gas pumps and their history. My sympathies to his family. I am so glad he was able to complete the 3rd edition of his Gas Pump Bible - he worked so hard on it for so long! I'm honored that I received my signed copy in person at Iowa Gas a few years back. I'll always think of Jack whenever I use it. His presence at the shows and his comments here on Old Gas will be missed. I'll throw some darts and raise a glass in Jack's honor. May he Rest in Peace.

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Very sorry to hear of Jack’s passing. My condolences to his family. There is no doubt that he will be missed.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Being too busy with the holidays and travel and hadn't checked Oldgas in a while. So shocked and saddened to hear of Jack's passing. He was a great guy and such an asset to the hobby. I hadn't talked to him in a while since he was working on the last book and used a few pump pictures I had. He was always going to stop by and see me when he and Cindy were going to Branson but never made it by. Rest in peace Jack, you will be missed.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Had heard this a while back but never saw this thread confirming this. Sad to hear as he was a big part of our hobby and will be greatly missed.

Thanks to MetroPetro for posting my photo of Jack that my wife Joanne took at Iowa Gas in 2018 as we had a blast talking with him there!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved