Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Very sad to hear!! I pray for peace and comfort for the family.
Will be missed, Brian

Looking for anything to do with The Rapson Tyre Co.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
E
E
It is with great sadness I just learned of Jack's passing he was a great guy,sure learned a lot over the years from him.RIP condolences to the family. Doug

Eco Air Meters buy,sell and trade.705-323-2128
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
My condolences to Jack's family and friends! He certainly did contribute SO MUCH to this hobby, and helping people out with his knowledge. He will be missed! Godspeed!

Michael F. Moran
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
RIP Jack,
Here's a post I enjoyed between Jack and Dick Bennett-
"Dick, you are absolutely correct about the Korean War. The fighting started in June, 1950, and ended on July 27, 1953 (thirty days after I gradutated from High school.

But according to the military records and the American Legion records, all military that joined or were drafted into the military before February 1,1958 were considered Korean War Veterans. This is the group I fall in. Even though I graduated from HS before the war ended, I did not enter the U.S.Army until Jan. 10, 1958 making me eligible for the GI Bill, and declared me a Korean Veteran. I served 3 1/2 years in the U.S. Army, three years at Ft. Leonard Wood.

While this has nothing to do with the embargo on the use of tin for cans, it does set a period of time that there was an embargo.
Embargos were not dropped the day the war ended.

I would also like to report that the U.S. Army did not seem fit to send me to Korea at that time. I was sent to Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri where I spend almost 3 1/2 years defending Ft. Wood against a Korean invasion. I also wish to report that while I was stationed there no one Korean soldier was above to cross the Kansas border into Missouri during my guard.

One little addition to my story. While stationed at Ft. Wood, MO, I married a girl who lived 30 miles south of Ft. Wood. She was a former U.S. Army Nurse who actually served in Korea during the war.
I used to make trips to her family home in Eminancee, MO. The roads had yet to be paved, there was phone service, but electric had not yet reached the area. Just up the road was a general store with a visible pump. I am proud to say that I pulled in one day and had my 1953 Ford filled with gasoline from the visible pump.
The general store closed and my wife's brother purchased the property, but I was never able to find out what happened to that visible pump. I walked all of the fields around the property looking for it, but it was gone. From that day, I wanted a visible pump. I knew I would be restoring an old car soon, but I still wanted a visible pump to put next to it.

Jack"
Ron & Cathy

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
2 members like this: DuceCpe, 1965CHPCSP
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
As I read these messages, I am reminded of meeting Jack a very long time ago at the Chicago Juke Box show. That has been at least 25 years ago? He was always great for stories. He had so much knowledge and freely shared. There is not a day that goes by where I do not refer to one of his fine manuals. Our hobby has lost some really fine members in the recent years. Unfortunately, we are all getting older and even our time will come. God bless Jack, his family and the Country he loved. He will be missed. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
So sorry to see this news. My sympathy to his family and many friends.

Looking for early valvoline, freedom-valvoline, franklin pa items, Galena

KEVIN
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Really don't know what to say besides,
Thank You Jack!
Thank You Cindy for sharing him with us and supporting him through ALL his unending searches and work that took him away from you and your family for countless hours!
...An absolute GIANT of a Human Being of the likes we will NEVER see again!
I never had a chance to meet him but, like many on here, he was kind enough to answer a couple of my questions with a teachers tone and demeanor.
I wish one of the national news networks would do a celebratory feature of him and his life!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Veteran Member
Online Cool
Veteran Member
So sad to hear this. Prayers of peace and comfort go out to the Sim family. You will be missed Jack!

KJV Psalms 16:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Rest in paradise sir!

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
So sorry to hear this sad news. Jack's family and loved ones are in our prayers and thoughts.

F
F
I just heard this sad news. I did not know Jack personally and I only talked to him a couple of times but his books are a welcome part of my library. It would have been an honor to have met him. Rest in peace Jack.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I thank Jack for all the knowledge he collected and shared with everyone. I reference my copy of the gas pump bible regularly. Rest easy Jack!

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
My condolences to all his family and friends,very sad to hear of his loss.he will be missed by all of us in the hobby ,he contributed so much .Jack RIP.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
We lost an absolute icon in the Hobby.
Rest In peace Jack,we were all better for meeting & knowing you.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved