Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
A friend of mine is moving and can't take a lot of his "yard art" along with him so he's giving some of it to me. Amongst the items gifted is a complete March 1948 Tok L-HR Shortie in pretty restorable condition - I like the year because it was the second year for this model, my sister was born that year (a little younger than the pump though), and I'm a '46 model myself.

The pump is a very nasty Cat yellow paint (what's left of it anyway), and a prior owner painted over everything, trim, data plate, nozzle scuff plate, etc. It has some surface rust, no glass, badly weathered faces, and a badly dented door-side panel. Otherwise, it's a pretty easy redo. This is the large window model so a lot of the available repop parts aren't available for this one. I don't intend to make it museum quality (but really nice is my goal) and I don't care if it is historically correct (but close would be good). For example, I would like to put ad glass but I do believe the available ones are going to be too short for my window so I'm going to have to play with making my own glass and frosting it - if I can find a good decal

I've never done a pump before but I've long longed for one, too cheap to spring for the price but this one is "free", so what's to lose, right? Except for the $300 in repop parts I just paid out, that is, and there will be a bit more - but not much. I've done restorations of old equipment like my camelback Cincinnati-Bickford upright drill and a Ford C 6000 fire truck so I do have some knowledge, experience. and less patience than I would like to have. I know there is a lot of experience here and I plan on leaning on it during this journey. [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

1 member likes this: Oldgas
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
welcome aboard .. ... cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas. Best of luck with your project!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Welcome

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hello and welcome to old gas. Now that you are member, feel free to post any questions in the other forums. Just an FYI: Glass for the doors is super easy... I just buy glass from the hardware store and cut it myself. Then I round the corner radii with my glass grinder. Kind of easy, since I have the tools.

As far as adding ad glass to this pump, it's not entirely as easy as you might think. The doors that originally have ad glass from the factory have the hole cut in the door, sheet metal light deflectors to shine the light through the ad glass, and different face plates without the lip at the bottom. I would skip adding the ad glass or just buy a different pump that came with it originally.

Have fun with your new project,
Steve

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to OldGas!

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved