Next Thread
Print Thread
#756892 Sun Nov 08 2020 01:59 PM
W
Wozzy Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi All.
As a newbie to the petroliana scene I was hoping for some tips/hints to buying some memorabilia. I have spent alot of time online and it seems there are many things on sale on eBay but ofcourse many are fakes or reproductions. Besides flying 4000miles to search for items, what is your go to sites for buying considering I am setting up a company to buy, restore and resell? or buy and resell. I get that some buyers will keep their secrets close to their hearts but if you would be so kind as to give me some feedback that would be so much appreciated. I could kick myself for only starting now. I lived in Virginia for almost 4 years and that would have been such a great place to start but alas, I am now far away. I am considering flying across next year for some shows and auctions and this may be a way of making contacts and networking plus buying items to bring back. United States is clearly the place to purchase but I would appreciate anyone giving me websites I can purchase items online. Google ofcourse helps but its the trusted websites I am wanting to purchase on for genuine items. Thanks again for any help. Regards Warren

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Wozzy #756898 Sun Nov 08 2020 04:07 PM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Warren, Welcome to Oldgas. I'd suggest checking the for sale forums here on this site for items over buying from eBay due to the proliferation of reproductions there. Best of luck!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
Wozzy #756912 Sun Nov 08 2020 08:05 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas, stay far away from epay! Buying here is probably the best place but amount of items may be low. Shipping will be expensive and may not make it the best business model. The best of luck and success.

Have gas all the time
Done4 #756953 Tue Nov 10 2020 06:56 AM
W
Wozzy Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Yes I hear you on the shipping costs, but there is still something small to be made after all the landing costs. It would just mean I would have to have a very big variety to offset those expenses

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved