Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#753727 Tue Aug 25 2020 08:26 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Hello everyone, this is my 1st time restoring a gas pump and new to the forum. I have a M&S 80 that I’ve had for about 17 years that is banged up pretty good. But during the COVID time , I decided to dive into it and finally restore it. I have it all apart and straightened a lot of dents. Stripping paint off now. So here are some questions. I hope some guidance can help me:
Can I get a new sliding switch for the lights? The original H&H is burnt to a crisp.
I am going to paint the pump up as a Sunoco pump. It was a AMOCO originally. The unique thing is it has the HIGH top but no cut outs, yet inside was the two light sockets extended into the top. I thought I would put a 15 inch globe on top and leave the top as it is. Does that seem like it would NOT be what you might see in 1950 ?
If the overall feeling is that would not be period correct, instead could I cut out the top in shape like an ADD GLASS and install that instead? I have a feeling those cut outs are recessed around the edge. I thought for the sake of appearance I would attempt to stick with period correct...... ya I finished restoring my corvette to try to get a top flight last year and I cant seem to shake this period correct thing over what I think I like...... any help on those questions would be appreciated... Tim

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
TimmyToys #753728 Tue Aug 25 2020 09:00 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Welcome to Old Gas Tim. I have a few MS 80s apart r=that I am working on now, so if I can help just give mer a call. Click on UpnorthNeil at the top of my respon se and it should take you to my OG profile where you will find my cell number. Neil

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved