Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#738112 Fri Nov 01 2019 04:37 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Hi:
8" Texaco Curved Pump Plate is currently listed on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293296186216

Thank you👍

IMG_8249.JPG
All Items Offered Must Have Prices

All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
PM sent

G
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
G
If your going to use this forum arent you suposed to list a price? not a starting price on ebay? come on!

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
If it’s on eBay, I think it would be better if people used this thread:

“Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist Petroliana”

Last edited by Speedracer; Fri Nov 01 2019 06:19 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The rules for this section say you can list items on eBay, but it is not clear if you have to list a for sale price, opening bid or if you can only use for Buy It Now.

We accept and encourage member eBay announcements to be placed in the "For Sale or Trade Petroliana" forum OR the "online Auctions, eBay Petroliana" forum. Not both. eBay Announcement Topics posted in the For Sale forum will be subject to the Guidelines of the For Sale forum, so no critical posts about the seller, price or condition of the item. Please post the auction title and a complete link to the eBay auction.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There is a forum specific to online auctions here and even mentions eBay.
Why in hell it would be allowed in the for sale forum
Is beyond me as it’s NOT for sale.
Maybe we should fix it????

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Kim: I don't disagree with potential changes..but, he is within the rules of the forum as they are now. He was also advised by another oldgasser to post this in the for sale section when it was in the values section and said it would become available for purchase. Have a good weekend all.....

Last edited by Alex; Fri Nov 01 2019 01:48 PM.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
For quite a few years, it has been within the rules of this forum section to post announcements of petroliana eBay auctions in the "For Sale Petroliana With Prices" section. As Alex posted, the Guidelines say:

"We accept and encourage member eBay announcements to be placed in the "For Sale or Trade Petroliana" forum OR the "online Auctions, eBay Petroliana" forum. Not both. eBay Announcement Topics posted in the For Sale forum will be subject to the Guidelines of the For Sale forum, so no critical posts about the seller, price or condition of the item. Please post the auction title and a complete link to the eBay auction."

True, it is a technical thing about the price requirement. Each eBay auction does have a bid price. Auctions that do not have a reserve will sell for the ending bid price.

There have been many complaints over the years about new members asking for a value and then selling the item elsewhere. The spirit of the rule in question is to offer a flexible way for sellers to sell for a set price OR on an eBay auction so there is no excuse not to offer the item right here on Oldgas.com.

Years ago, the option came about originally because some members had concerns that the "Online Auctions, eBay Craigslist" section was sometimes dominated by fake item alerts, complaints about eBay policies and rants about bad eBay sellers. They said it was sometimes not a seller-friendly place to post their items.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
L
OP Offline
L
Geeze. I didn't mean to start a war!!!! I was told to list on this forum but if that is not the case-

Please tell me if I can and if so, which forum I am supposed to use to post an item I list for sale as an auction on Ebay that has a beginning price?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Too late! smile

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
L
OP Offline
L
Clearly!
Is there a full moon?

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I retracted my earlier statement, I thought if it was on eBay, it had to be on the eBay forum. The rules clearly state it IS allowed here.

Good luck with your sale, LotsofStuff. You have some cool items.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Speedracer
I retracted my earlier statement, I thought if it was on eBay, it had to be on the eBay forum. The rules clearly state it IS allowed here.

Good luck with your sale, LotsofStuff. You have some cool items.

Thank you

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
hammer down: $356.75 [ 7 bids ] .. ... cool

RANDY

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved