Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Father bought this pump many year ago, has been sitting in front my grandfathers house ever since. He recently passed and we are just trying to see what we have.

6203543A-DCEB-4C12-9640-FB4E0AB8DC50.jpeg FAE2D181-DC43-4B59-89F1-3CA0F508A4A1.jpeg 20790B0C-0974-4135-9301-5AF4889774AC.jpeg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Your pump was made by the Aqua. It is probably a Model #ASD, but that should be on the ID tag. It was introduced in 1929, there is no information as to how long the continued to make them.

This sites rules is no questions on values in this section, there is a section for values, just go to the index.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
G
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
G
You should very proud to own this Aqua clock face pump .Its a awesome piece!!!

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Great pump and would love to have one as we all would attest to.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow! Nice pump!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
You obviously have something that is sought out and many people want. Proceed with caution so you don’t lose money if you sell!

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I didn't want to post a value, again because it was against the rules. I am the author of the Gas Pump Bible book where I have identified over 2500 gas pump with values. I put a value of $3000 on the pump, but this is based on the pump being near 100% complete. No one can really put a value on your pump without a bunch of pictures. A buyer would be asking, is it complete; does it have rust; and the most important thing, where is it? Since you are in Pennsylvania, a person in California might not give you $3000 because of the cost of shipping.
My values are starting points.

I have owned over 200 pumps and the one I always wanted was a Fry. I recently found one in Chicago at a price I could afford, but then I subtracted the cost of the 800 mile trip, removing it from the tank it was attached to, and possibly having to stay over night in a motel. Of course I didn't get it, he sold it to someone who lived in Chicago.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Welcome to Old Gas If my grandfather had been the owner of such a neat pump, I would put a value on it of, Oh let's say "priceless". First one I have seen of these. Thanks Grandpa.......

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sweet pump!!

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not sure how Jack came up with 3000 but there
Would be a lineup for them at that price.

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Good Afternoon,

If you are considering selling the pump, I would personally list it on Ebay. I think that would get you the most money for what you have and I think you would be pleasantly surprised what it would bring. Obviously this was one of your dad's/grandfathers treasures and he must have thought highly of him, so I would keep it to remember him by. Just my humble opinion.

Have a great day!!

TN Volunteer

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
The above comment has encouraged me to comment which I usually do not do. I couldn't disagree with TN Volunteer more. I can't stand ebay or any of these internet sites and paying their fees/commissions, etc. If you decide to sell it, educate yourself, think about what price would make you happy, price it and sell it.

IMO, and I am not really a pump guy, but I have been collecting for 30 plus years and have seen a lot of high priced pumps; I would want $10K - $12K CASH or I would just keep it and smile when I walked by it. LOL.

Again, just my opinion. Good luck and that pump is really cool !!

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved