Next Thread
Print Thread
#734946 Tue Aug 27 2019 01:55 PM
J
jrapp83 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi Everyone,

Still a major rookie here so maybe this is as simple as pointing me towards a thread already out there (but I spent a good hour searching through the forum...).

I'm pretty interested in Gargoyle signs and was hoping to get some tips on how to spot fakes - I am saving up to buy one (or more :)) and don't want to get burned based on what these bring. I know size is a big thing and have been taking notes from auctions on 'real' dimensions, number of holes, etc. Is there anyone who has other tell tale signs of fakes or a list of legit dimensional information and is willing to share?

PM is fine to help keep more fakes from being made (also if there is a better way to ask these questions without giving critical info away to scammers please let me know)!!!

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Last edited by jrapp83; Tue Aug 27 2019 02:10 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here's a good thread for some advice....

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=126601&Number=733245#Post733245

As far as the Mobil sign you are looking for, it would be helpful to the rest of us, if you post pics of the one you want to buy or one like it, and someone should be able to tell you if the sign has been faked, or if the one your looking at is fake.

-Steve

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
J
jrapp83 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks Steve! That link helps a lot.

Great point on showing the actual signs (my bad). I was also trying to use this opportunity to see what was out there for mobiloil if anyone has good pictures of different styles but the 3 I have been looking at specifically are attached (first time using images hope it works...). These are authentic's I took screen shots of during my research.

Appreciate the help.

Garg1.JPG garg 2.JPG garg 3.JPG
Last edited by jrapp83; Wed Aug 28 2019 07:33 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved