Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Beautiful!!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Y
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Y
What equipment is required to wire in to use that WEMO app on your phone to control the light?

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Young's Union
What equipment is required to wire in to use that WEMO app on your phone to control the light?

It sounds complicated, but really isn't. The keys to making an Internet connected switch work, are to have a good WiFi signal at the switch location and having a neutral wire available in the switch electrical box.

Basically, you just replace a regular switch with a WEMO or similar Internet connected switch. I used a WEMO Dimmer switch I got from Amazon. Pictured below. You can lightly stroke your finger along the row of dots on the switch face to control the dimmer level and tap the switch for on/off. From the WEMO smartphone app, you can also do those things as well as set schedules. Mine runs dusk to dawn (auto adjusted to correct time each day) at 1% dimmer power. I can make it brighter from my phone when I expect visitors.

The switch needs the black line and load wires, a ground wire and the white neutral wire to make its own little circuit to power the WiFi. If you don't have all those wires in your switch box, it just won't work out.

I ran two circuits out to the pole so one could control the light inside the porcelain shade and the other to separately power the motion spot lights on top. 12/3 w/ground

Use a WiFi device at the proposed switch location to see if you have a strong enough signal to be dependable at that spot. I didn't have a strong signal there 130' from the house, so I bought a new "mesh" router system that included 3 access points. That system gives us good WiFi all over the house, 2 garages, patio and the yard.

The switch setup is done through the app and usually goes well. WEMO's support site is pretty good. I couldn't find the dusk/dawn thing until I read the support page for schedules. If you get stuck, send me a private message or email and I'll try to help.

I did not trench in pipes to feed the water and air connections since I already have them at the garage. I do like the look they give the pole.

lightpole-switch.jpg
WEMO DImmer Switch

lightpole-fittings.jpg
Water and air connectors on the Revere pole.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Very nice indeed!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks great Jim. I think they were originally controlled with iPhones in the 1950’s also 😂😂😂

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all your kind comments.
I rooted through my junk and found a short length of old red air hose to put on my Revere pole. Somewhere I have an old style long tire chuck to put on the hose.
I might start looking in garage sales for a length of vintage patina rubber water hose for the other side. wink

lightpole-airhose.jpg
Rubber air hose on Revere pole

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Y
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Thanks for all the detail on the WEMO wiring. j

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Nice Revere light Jim. Looks great lit up.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Looks great!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I have been watching your progress, looks great!
Also remember those great mornings you started!
Sure miss them!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved