Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
I'm looking to take offers for this Standard sign. I haven't had much time to research it, and have had worse luck finding out its value. l don't know much about it, is it's been sitting in my families quonset since before I was born, next to the Ford dealer signs that my Dad kept before closing his dealership. I also know its extremely heavy.

20190405_142325.jpg
For Sale Petroliana - Unpriced

Sellers Must Be Approved to Sell in This Category

Click on "Contact" on the upper right to request this privilege, stating a reason

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
[/b][font:Arial][/font]Thank you [b]greatly for reading my very-first-ever contact (of any type) to you. Before I merely scratch the
surface
about why I happen to LOVE your handsome, Ind. "

ESP. collect molded/embossed "wall-signs" & all-plastic globes. Can supply graphic-design for your small business; or paint/sketch family portrait, favorite vehicle, Granddad's station or car/truck agency, &c. Also draw in Disney-esque draughtsmanship.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Have you sold the standard sign yet ?

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
Originally Posted by CEPPERS77
Have you sold the standard sign yet ?

He hasn't been on OldGas since May of this year, but if you check his profile there is a phone number.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thank you.

Thank you tremendously for reading. smile Mr. & Mrs. Froehlich, did--did you receive my 2nd message to you, EA-rly on Dec. 30th? If not, I tried to communicate all of the following: (1.)My deepest apology--and embarassment--for that (UGH!) first, incomplete attempt at [font: Courier New]"Replying"[/font] to you. crazy First discovered your (VERY attractive!) Plexiglas, Ind. "STANDARD" oval-sign...late last October. Have had to juggle CON-stant struggles against Apple's endless, technical glitches!...with last-minute touches for our Sipsey Arts Alliance's November show & sale...and then sketches & canvasses for my ext. family to give (or to receive from me), as Christmas gifts...along with development of art-&-design "tutorial" (as cartoony spoof of costumed, super-do-gooders), for 1st-through-12th-Graders ...plus United Methodist volunteering. Lately, Apple's Silicon Valley Miracles have infuriated me beyond my limits!mad Mrs. & Mr. Froehlich, sssoo-o-h-h many other members have complained about Apple-caused, technical bug-a-boos within oldgas.com...that I hope none of those "glitches" will EVER spoil your pleasures...on a Web-site otherwise loaded with them! smile

(2.) Mr. & Mrs. Froehlich, er...it embarasses me no end!...that, uh...I'm actually to blame for over one-half of my two-month delay in contacting you. sick crazy Have since realized that I should have simply referred you to my "Member's Profile" within Primarily Petroliana. You see: During five, six stages of my childhood, from toddler yrs. into early age thirteen (Seventh Grade, B'ham's Ala. School of Fine Arts, well...connections developed, then grew, between my collecting-hobby (in six broad categories)---and my earliest childhood hobby---now my career. (And what a labor-of-love!) And in my oldgas.com "Member's Profile"...you could have read about those firm, established connections, growing hand-in-hand as they did for decades. Instead: I forgot about each member's "Profile" (although completely optional) ...& typed-up lohh-h-nnng paragraphs instead! frown

Mrs. & Mr. Froehlich, I promise to try my level-hardest to E-mail your household some snapshots of my collection. Particularly of both
our plastic-faced signs...most of which are much smaller than yours (chuckle!)...and of our signs & road-maps from Rockefeller-based
corporations. You will also see examples of just how germaine much of my artwork is to our automobilia & "petroliana" collecting. Now, I'll
have to use either second, younger iPad, or our desktop Microsoft upstairs; both of those have the photos I just referred to, here. Will also need YOUR "Member Profile"...please; cannot find it anywhere, here on Primarily Petroliana. Have this idea---through which, BOTH of us Members (who "Replied" about your handsome sign, of course)---can each purchase one-half of your Plexiglas sign! It's IMPERATIVE that you & I write each other through "For Sale" column exclusively. Partly because of Primarily Petroliana's rules, of course; but also because of my three circumstances---one is financial...because my 2nd is geographic, and my 3rd is medical---and to offer proof, I have other snapshots for your kind attention. Finally, Mr. & Mrs. Froelich: You'll find nobody else better-qualified to pamper your Plexiglas sign---or 1/2-a-sign, at least (chuckle)! grin THANK YOU in advance, for your kind reply. / Ephesians, ch. 2: vs. 8-10

ESP. collect molded/embossed "wall-signs" & all-plastic globes. Can supply graphic-design for your small business; or paint/sketch family portrait, favorite vehicle, Granddad's station or car/truck agency, &c. Also draw in Disney-esque draughtsmanship.
Thanks greatly for reading this third E-mail...and my thirtieth-or-so attempt to contact anyone by way of Primarily Petroliana.. Mrs. & Mr. Froehlich, I wrote “thirtieth-or-so” because, well, Apple blessed me yet yet again. During my efforts to type this out, last weekend—-well, lo & behold!—my iPad again erased my originally-intended message here—twice.

First “stab-in-the-back”: Attempted to “Upload” images below, by following steps which Primarily Petroliana has clearly listed, one time or another. (More about their many, suggested methods for “Inserting Images,” towards final paragraph.). THERE-fore (WHEW!), I first pressed old gas.com’s “Attachment Manager” command...it took me to the ”Photos” symbol/icon; outside of Internet, naturally. Mrs. & Mr. Froehlich, it’s precisely because you must leave the “Web” from time-to-time, to perform occasional function or two—-whoa! you’d best stay alert to Apple’s Cute, Li’l Quirks WITH and ON your messages. Yes...and even if that temporary diversion or distraction was FOR benefit of your message. Particularly if & when you’re using that Web-site’s own, ”Message Box.” (On that ebay, for one example.) And HOW I should’ve remembered that!. Well (sigh!), surely enough, when I did return to oldgas.com’s “Message-Box”: Emmp-TEE. Eee-rased...like some classroom chalkboard! 😱🤬🤪 Cannot quite recall reason, one month later, why I had to start-over & re-type this for that second time; but I easily recall that it was just as technological, just as accidental—I promise!
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Mrs. & Mr. Froehlich, before I show you just exactly what images I just referred to, here: All too easily, I could continue to depend on words, all about just how badly I’ve searched for 1945-‘61 version of Ind. STANDARD oval—-yet STRICTLY in GE-Lexan or Plexiglas (like YOUR splendid-looking sign)—-and for about 17-25 yrs. by now, I should add. One big measure of my interest in your sign:🌃🛌❤️ I’ve literally awakened from several dreams in which pre-1962, plastic sign-faces were my centers of attention. For, you see: Within these dreams, we always searched for such “Torch-&-Oval”...during return-trips back home from visits to certain, ext. family-relatives who had once moved out-SIDE Southeast. They included: my youngest stepsister’s couple (Winter Pk., Colo.), cousins on Mama’s side (New England...where I’d search for Standard of New York’s pre-1931, pre-Vacuum Oil/Mobiloil merger, road-maps & cans we don’t have yet)...a few now-adult nieces, nephews...& several distant cousins on paternal Grandmother’s side. (From Okla.—where I’d search for Plexiglas, 48-inch-sq., “CONOCO” triangles; plus four-piece, porcelainized-steel, “DX” diamond from 1946-‘58–wow!). In all of these dreams, of course, our family traversed several of Midwest’s state, forgotten/under-used U.S., & county “farm-to-mkt.” roads—all “off the beaten-paths.” (Remind you of any, uh...History Channel series...hmm?😁)

But enough of all that. Mr. & Mrs. Froehlich (drum-roll, please):🎺🥁🎷🎟🎭 THESE snapshots are the ”Images” that I just now referred to.📸📲 And if these photos cannot at all convince you that your handsome sign will end-up in both loving care AND anti-theft security—perhaps short account...of just how, when, & why molded/embossed signs attracted my tastes...just might convince you, in a later E-mail.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Finally, Mrs. & Mr. Froehlich: I hope-against-hope that Apple’s Miracle Zap-Guns currently inflict none of their defects on YOU...and never will, in near-future...as you both continue to explore oldgas.com. After all, remember: Dr. Zarkov had intended Flash Gordon’s, Dale Ardala’s, & Buck Rogers’s futuristic gadgets to be far more user-friendly & less troublesome than, say, ol’ Ming, the Merciless! 🤖🛸 Place almost no blame on Primarily Petroliana themselves; Apple’s “Cute Li’l Quirks” have plagued them for around twenty yrs., and their (praiseworthy!) staff have been very busy, working VERY hard to correct Apple’s glitches. In fact: I heartily recommend oldgas.com’s step-by-step guidelines for “Attaching & Inserting Images.” Now, vast majority of members’ overall methods...do mention imageshack.com and other, “Cloud”-based storage-sites which I don’t know how to use, myself.🤷🏿‍♀️ ☁️💻 Even so, you yourselves just might be familiar with their uses—-and I’m gonna learn; you wait & see!🧠👨🏾‍🎓🤳🏼

Again: Thanks loads, in advance, for your kind response.👨🏻‍💻🤝

Yours always, Michael Shepherd ✝️📜💒Acts, ch. 4: vs. 5-12

811C6A77-2EA6-484E-8F54-095D40B428F3.jpeg CA22DC9C-336F-4113-8368-761833ADC2BA.jpeg 5BA125DA-DE6C-48AE-81EC-112639833F6F.jpeg ACD7D6D3-664D-4B3E-8BE3-0E2C54F9019E.jpeg

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved