Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#727527 Mon Apr 01 2019 08:46 PM
J
JR Pat Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I found what I think is a Tokheim 36B pump. Every picture of a 36B I have found has 3 raised vertical "bars" at the base of the pump. In those pictures the center "bar" is longer than the other two. The pump that I have found has all 3 bars the same length. Is this still a 36 B pump? Thanks in advance JP

Tokheim 2.jpg Tokheim LH.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes, it is a 36B. The even height trim on the door is to allow for a larger sign/decal. Texaco used these because of their tall pump plate signs.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
J
JR Pat Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Would a person assume that this pump was a Texaco pump?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Texaco was not the only one to use short trim 36Bs. Judging by the color scheme the pump looks like it was a Conoco pump.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
Matt: thanks for the education on the "short trim" Tokheim 36B! I have a Tokheim 36B that I rebranded to Conoco (with the standard long trim spear in the middle) but I didn't know about the existence of the short trim or the reason for using it.

JR Pat: here are two photographs of Conoco Tokheim 36B pumps. In the first one, notice how the long center trim spear appears to overlap onto the rectangular decal. This is an example of what Matt is explaining....when Conoco used those long rectangular decals (for Bronze and Bronz-z-z grades of gasoline) the pump skirt was a little tight for space.....thus the use of the short trim spears. The second photo shows an unclose shot of a pump with the same Bronz-z-z decal but with the short trim spears, and the spacing looks much better in that example.

UNK - (Roy Stenzel)  <Tokheim 36B & Visible pumps>  [OldGas.com].jpg UNK - Tokheim 36B base in Bronzzz  1941 w oil can  [Etsy].jpg
J
JR Pat Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks to all for the info. JP

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved