Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
OK. After some research would you agree that the picture of my grandfather gas station pump (est 1938) is an American hex or octagon 10 gal visible?

Pump.PNG

Terry Tramp

I'm interested in Deep Rock and Kerr McGee items especially if they are marked B.A. Tramp Oil
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I think you are correct. It is the octagon(8 sided) version. I think it is a 2487 but could be wrong on the model number...

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...if you can see four sides, it's an octagon...if it were a hexagon, you'd only be able to see three sides...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
So it is an Octagon as we have established. I believe it to be an American 10 gal visible, couldn't find anything else that looked like it, handle, bonnet cover, skins, octagon and hose location in relation to the pump handle. Sure would like to get one some day but they appear to be pretty pricey.

Terry Tramp

I'm interested in Deep Rock and Kerr McGee items especially if they are marked B.A. Tramp Oil
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Yey, found and picked up this 2487 at the Iowa 2020 show yesterday. Can't wait to get it back to TX.

American Visible Gas Pump.jpg
Last edited by BA TRAMP OIL; Thu Aug 06 2020 12:23 PM.

Terry Tramp

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved