Next Thread
Print Thread
#720895 Sat Dec 08 2018 10:23 AM
A
A#1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi Yall.

I'm not a collector of your kind of things, but I've found something that perhaps you could help me with.

I'm a metal detectorist, and local history nerd, and I've actually found a few oil related things in the past few years.

I'm trying to establish an approximate manufacture date of a rusted out Caspar gallon oil can I found, and possibly establish enough circumstance to assume who it's owner probably was.

This is a picture of the can I found here on this site. Mine is in MUCH worse condition, and acually took a while to identify.
[Linked Image]

Can anyone tell me what date range this can is probably from?

Thanks for any help.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
A
A#1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
The can I have, most likely belonged to a rich dude named Cliff Durant . Aviator, various connections to Chevy, drove in six Indy 500's, owned an airport, a racetrack in Beverly Hills, married to hottie singers, that kind of playboy type rich dude.

Though, like I said, it isn't in any collectors condition, it's still a neat thing in my collection. It's been half buried and outside for the last 80 years or so. It's only about 2/3rds of the can, heavily rusted, and only slightly readable......but it's mine.

I'm just trying to put it there at the right time. Durant owned the property from 1921, through his death in 1937, till it's sale in 1947. I found the can in a foundation nook of what used to be the hangar at his private airstrip.

Last edited by A#1; Sun Dec 09 2018 12:33 PM.
A
A#1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Anybody?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Probably 1930's....

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved