Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Dear Oldgas friends.

I write you to tell you that the English translated version of my Thesis Dissertation titled
The Forgotten Years of Bibendum. Michelin’s American Period in Milltown:
Design, Illustration and Advertising by Pioneer Tire Companies (1900-1930)

is now available online for free at the University of Barcelona Thesis Depository:

http://diposit.ub.edu/dspace/handle/2445/126382

This Thesis Dissertation, written originally in Castilian Spanish, was the fruit of a deep ten-year research. It was first presented in 2015 at the University of Barcelona to get the Phd degree, and it was recognized with the maximum academic distintion cum laude. The English translation was finished in 2018 thanks to the financial support of the late Bruce T. Halle and the management of Susan Driver, curator of the Collection of Discount Tire turn-of the-century lithograph tire posters. I’m so grateful for their support and endorsement.

The pdf files has been prepared and concived to be printed on paper. The Thesis can be downloaded separately by chapters, where the images appear reproduced in full color and in good resolution. Files with the covers/back covers of the four volumes are also provided. It is made with the intention that everyone can print it on paper and bind it for your own enjoyment.

I recommend reading first the Preface+Foreword plus Introduction to understand what kind of work it is.

Thesis Dissertation Preface+Foreword

I think you will delight it, specially the chapters dedicated to American forgotten tire companies such as FISK, KELLY, REPUBLIC, GILLETTE, HOOD, MILLER, LEE, among others. As a taste, take a look at:

GILLETTE TIRES and the Migthy Polar Bear

LEE TIRE & RUBBER and the Smiling Tire

Although it is deep in the textual content, do not worry ... it is not boring, and it is also very visual (it contains more than 4,400 images, most of them never published before).

I 'm looking forward to reading your opinions...

I wish you enjoy it!

Your friend in Barcelona,

Pau

**And excuse-me for my sure horrible English. Do not worry ... the thesis has been translated into a perfect American English by a professional translator! ;-)

-------------------------------
Dr. Pau Medrano-Bigas
Professor of Graphic Design at the Grade of Design.
Department of Visual Arts and Design.
Sant Jordi Faculty of Fine Arts.
University of Barcelona.
------
Member of GRACMON,
Research Group in
Contemporary Art and Design History,
University of Barcelona.
http://www.ub.edu/gracmon
------
Personal email:
pau.medrano.bigas@gmail.com

Last edited by pauvictoria; Tue Dec 04 2018 07:23 AM.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wow!, Congratulations on the completion of your thesis. This is a very comprehensive piece of work. Well done sir! I look forward to reading it in its entirety.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Amazing! Can’t wait to read it

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very impressive - congrats to a great job done!

P
OP Offline
P

NEW LINKS-UPDATED!

Originally Posted by pauvictoria
Dear Oldgas friends.

I write you to tell you that the English translated version of my Thesis Dissertation titled
The Forgotten Years of Bibendum. Michelin’s American Period in Milltown:
Design, Illustration and Advertising by Pioneer Tire Companies (1900-1930)

is now available online for free at the University of Barcelona Thesis Depository:

http://diposit.ub.edu/dspace/handle/2445/126382

This Thesis Dissertation, written originally in Castilian Spanish, was the fruit of a deep ten-year research. It was first presented in 2015 at the University of Barcelona to get the Phd degree, and it was recognized with the maximum academic distintion cum laude. The English translation was finished in 2018 thanks to the financial support of the late Bruce T. Halle and the management of Susan Driver, curator of the Collection of Discount Tire turn-of the-century lithograph tire posters. I’m so grateful for their support and endorsement.

The pdf files has been prepared and concived to be printed on paper. The Thesis can be downloaded separately by chapters, where the images appear reproduced in full color and in good resolution. Files with the covers/back covers of the four volumes are also provided. It is made with the intention that everyone can print it on paper and bind it for your own enjoyment.

I recommend reading first the Preface+Foreword plus Introduction to understand what kind of work it is.

Thesis Dissertation Preface+Foreword

I think you will delight it, specially the chapters dedicated to American forgotten tire companies such as FISK, KELLY, REPUBLIC, GILLETTE, HOOD, MILLER, LEE, among others. As a taste, take a look at:

GILLETTE TIRES and the Migthy Polar Bear

LEE TIRE & RUBBER and the Smiling Tire

Although it is deep in the textual content, do not worry ... it is not boring, and it is also very visual (it contains more than 4,400 images, most of them never published before).

I 'm looking forward to reading your opinions...

I wish you enjoy it!

Your friend in Barcelona,

Pau

**And excuse-me for my sure horrible English. Do not worry ... the thesis has been translated into a perfect American English by a professional translator! ;-)

-------------------------------
Dr. Pau Medrano-Bigas
Professor of Graphic Design at the Grade of Design.
Department of Visual Arts and Design.
Sant Jordi Faculty of Fine Arts.
University of Barcelona.
------
Member of GRACMON,
Research Group in
Contemporary Art and Design History,
University of Barcelona.
http://www.ub.edu/gracmon
------
Personal email:
pau.medrano.bigas@gmail.com

Last edited by pauvictoria; Wed Dec 12 2018 07:27 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved