Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Chuck...I wish it was all mine, but generally year to year, I own about 25% of the sale personally and the other 75% is consignments from the same 10-20 guys it seems.

S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Believe it or not, I've had about 20 more primo pieces consigned in the last few days that weren't in the flyer and won't be on bidspotter until next week....including a 9+ Texaco Marine White, an NOS Time Premium Pump Sign, a 9+ Sav'n Sams Pump Plate, a very early Kendall Penn porcelain oval, etc.

Bidspotter registration is going through the roof with more than a week remaining, if you aren't coming, you better get registered!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am wondering Seth if it is you or bidspotter that takes and posts pictures on the bidspotter website. I am asking because it is really hard to get into the higher numbers bidding when you can only see 1 side of a sign or globe. Condition plays a big factor in signage pricing these days as we all know. It seems to me the bidding would get better if a person could see both sides of a sign for example to determine the true condition. An example other than signage is the Buffalo globe which has 2 different lenses. Basically i would only bid up to the value that i would place on the 1 lense i can see, as its hard to value the other side without even seeing it. Same with a sign. I doubt there is a collector out there that goes to a swap meet and see's a price tag of 1000.00 dollars on a double sided sign that will buy it before looking at the other side. With 2 pictures even of the more expensive items i know i would be more inclined to spend the extra money as i know EXACTLY whats going to show up at my door if I am high bidder. I am only asking questions here Seth and NOT knocking the auction. You have some great items consigned and good luck with the auction....mm

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Kim makes a good point Seth. Is it too late?

S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Big Sky...that globe will have the other side pictured as soon as I have the guts to unbox it. I don't like to handle them very much, since glass has a bad habit of breaking. Every other globe in the auction to my knowledge has both sides pictured if it is in fact a two lens globe. We have 80 globes consigned and only 2 are single lens only. But rest assured, the Buffalo globe (detailed lens) will be up on bidspotter by mid-week as will many of the two-sided sign pics. The majority already have two, but some aren't in our possession yet so as they come in, we will be photo'ing the second side and uploading them to bidspotter. As always, if anyone has a specific item question, please e-mail me prior to Thursday the 16th or call 405.282.5586.

Morgan...it's only too late when I say it's too late!! I can change photos up until we sell the first items.

[This message has been edited by Seth Robbins (edited 02-11-2006).]

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Seth- My friends are coming from Pueblo to your auction. Ric and Brandon Esgar a good guys and hopefully they will be able to bring some goodies home.

Who else is going to this auction? Let other oldgassers know as you could help with carrying home an extra item to help defray your gas costs!

I have my list made out. Lets see I need:
Gilmore sign
Powerlube's
Fyre Drop
Lion sign
Mustang

Ok now I just have to find an apartment to live in once my wife gets the credit card bill. On second thoughts I might just try for one of those signs...

------------------
Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Wish you were coming...BTW, I am redoing the pics on the Fyre Drop & the Power-Lubes, they aren't even in the ball-park. The signs are WAY better looking than the pics show. I will be updating next week. Looking forward to meeting Besgar, he seems like a pretty level-headed cat. Plus, I always like people from Colorado. My wife and I are going to look at land in the Crested Butte area after the sale. She used to live in Vail and we are big-time skiers....hope to have a cabin up there someday.

[This message has been edited by Seth Robbins (edited 02-11-2006).]

S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Had a guy from L.A. call me today about the weather in Oklahoma this time of year. I told him that 2 years ago during the week of the auction, we had a hi-temp of 88 and lo-temp of 8 all in the same week! FYI, right now, 2 local news stations are calling for 45 degrees & cloudy, and 1 is calling for 39 degrees with 20 percent chance of mixed precip. Cooler it is outside, more comfy it will be inside!

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Hey Seth, I'm new at this online bidding and have a question. Is there a percentage on the shipping and handling, or how is it calculated? About how much would shipping and handling be on a 42" sign? Just ballpark it to Tyler 75703. Wish I could come.
Brent

S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
The advantage we have in this situation is that we are a mail-order company first and foremost, so shipping is an everyday thing for us. My people will be shipping the auction consignments during the course of normal business in the week or two after the auction. For example...on a single 42" round sign, we will put it between two pieces of insulation board and then wrap that in cardboard sheet. It will be small enough still to go UPS. You will be looking at about $10 worth of materials and the cost of oversize shipping through UPS plus insurance. I would say probably a total of $50-$60. The good thing is, if you were to say, buy 3 or 4 signs that could all be sent in the same package, the shipping would be virtually the same.

But man...you are only 6 hours away, for the savings in premium + shipping, you could sure buy a few tanks of petro!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I maybe heading down for the auction. I should know more by Wednesday. If I go, I'll be taking a small trailer so I'd be happy to bring some back to help defray gas costs.

------------------
Chuck
smile
Sign Wishlist: Sunset, Clipper, Habor, Indian motorcycle, Powerlube

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Hemibird...when you get here (if you come) let it be known to the registration ladies that you would be willing to back-haul to Colo Springs or points in between. There will be a lot of people here from out west, so you might get a couple bites on your offer. Nice way to knock down fuel expenses.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Seth - I will be making my way to your auction this year, but I could not find the times for the friday night stuff - ie the garage sale is what I am most interested in.. What times is it going on?

Also - what are the payment terms on the garage sale - since I love to use plastic...

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Seth: Any Idea on average globe shipping cost? Need to know before we bid!

S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
First for Travis....the 'midnight madness' deal just kind of happens....no real set time, but last year we kicked off about 8:30-9:00 P.M. and it lasted until about 1 AM. As for payment terms, the garage sale items we would prefer be paid for in cash, but if you are really cool to me, I might bend the rules .

Cuda...I would guesstimate about $35 for a single globe which would include double-boxed, oversize, insured UPS. If you buy more than one, obviously the price will go down IF we can combine them.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved