Print Thread
#716251 Thu Sep 06 2018 02:42 PM
B
buzzy56 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
Picked up this interesting American Oil Corporation Grease Can ,approximately 3 lbs . yesterday . Caught my eye because it semi local and I have never seen one before . Searches have only found one other that appeared to be a later rendition of the company ? No other searches have provided info on this company that was located in Jackson Michigan. Any info on company or can would be appreciated .Hoping that some of the long time members might shed some light on the company and its history. Thought possibly Standard oil Co, acquisition, but cannot find a trail thru them . Thanks for any assistance in this matter . Sorry it’s upside down bit my iPad will not let me rotate it properly . It was upright originally

1091EA93-BC42-48D3-88D4-3082C7FA850A.jpeg
Last edited by buzzy56; Thu Sep 06 2018 02:46 PM.

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
American Oil of Jackson, Mi was gone by sometime around1928.
They had gas stations as well.( picture attached of RPPC on ebay))
Not related to Standard Oil.
I have a couple of blotters & some other ads.

Dave

Alma American Gasoline.jpg
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

Here are a few more pictures related to American Oil Corporation of Jackson.

They were founded in 1904 & had lube branches in several states but stations were Michigan only.
Another product was "Sav A Powr".
American was related to Federated Oil of Jackson.
There is a globe on the Globe CD from American.

Dave

American can.JPG American Jackson 1925.jpg American Jackson.jpg American Oil Co Jackson MI.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
.. ... cool

1amgrecn.jpeg

RANDY
B
buzzy56 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
Thanks Dave and Randy ! Been attempting to research this company the past two evenings as time allowed to no avail and here you have it all wrapped up nice and tidy. I really appreciate it seeing how it is not a well know company and I was getting no where researching it .The Reason I was interested in it was because my Grandfather & Mom’s brothers later owned the scrap yard in Jackson.Did not get to spend much time in the town though until I was a grown up so had very little knowledge of the area. Thanks so much for going up and beyond for this discussion and hope that others appreciate the discussion and knowledge that you have provided.
That is what makes this site so great. All the knowledge that the members have and share cannot be matched anywhere else in my opinion.Thank you gain .

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved