Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#715099 Wed Aug 15 2018 10:53 PM
S
Snooker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Offering a 100% authentic and rare early Associated 24" SSP sign for your collection and enjoyment. Part of private collection for many, many years and now being made available for purchase here to Oldgas members and Petroliana collectors. Tough to valuate since I personally cannot find this exact sign anywhere that has been posted and sold with sale price for accurate valuation.

Colors are vibrant as is gloss. Field is excellent with a only few very small chips/imperfections. Only one possible touch up that appears to have been done at time of manufacturing process at factory. Original brass grommets intact with chipping around all. This sign originally came from Associated gas station in Oakland Ca. It was rescued prior to demolition by original owner in early 20's who pasted a 1920 picture of station and handwritten note on back stating the station was torn down in 1925 and it had been in the family since. I believe this sign can be seen on top of building in photo under magnification.

I understand I am new to this forum, as everyone once was and how many scammers fill these forums and the net in general. Please check my 20 year 100% perfect history and rep on eBay under my 'flyinads' handle to see I am real. I will be posting other Gas related items F/S here but figured I would start with one of the most uncommon pieces that will be offered.

$8,500 OBO - No Trade offers, no solicitors please. Many more detailed close up pictures available on request. Payment by cash, bank check, wire transfer only. Local inspection, purchase and pick up encouraged. If shipping is required, sign will be carefully crated and professionally packed for safe transit. Shipping, insurance fees on buyer unless negotiated in advance.

Located in SF Bay Area
Serious parties feel free to call or text Dave @ xxxxxxxxxx to discuss. If unavailable, please leave message and good time to return call.

-Thank you -

IMG_20180803_113615702_HDR.jpg IMG_20180803_113654673_HDR.jpg IMG_20180803_113705509.jpg 8_4_18_Garage 013.jpg
Last edited by Oldgas; Thu Aug 23 2018 11:43 AM. Reason: removed phone number as requested by post author

Cheers

-Dave,

*Always interested in > Flying -A- Associated - Veedol - Tydol - Wasatch - Clipper - Sunset - Mohawk - Polly - Smith-O-Lene - Musgo
All Items Offered Must Have Prices

All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by Snooker
Please check my 20 year 100% perfect history and rep on eBay under my 'flyinads' handle to see I am real.

Dave's ebay - 'flyinads' .. ... cool

https://www.ebay.com/sch/flyinads/m.html

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=flyinads&ftab=AllFeedback

Last edited by advertologist; Thu Aug 16 2018 03:25 AM.

RANDY
S
Snooker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you Randy. Also, I want members to know I had to post a asking price. A starting point from some similar but not identical examples. If you would like this piece for your collection and are prepared to conduct business you can drop me a line.

Have a good day

Last edited by Snooker; Thu Aug 16 2018 10:36 AM.

Cheers

-Dave,

*Always interested in > Flying -A- Associated - Veedol - Tydol - Wasatch - Clipper - Sunset - Mohawk - Polly - Smith-O-Lene - Musgo
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Corrected phone number in first post of this thread as requested by OP seller

Jim Potts
Oldgas.com Techie
S
Snooker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
- SOLD -

Thank you Oldgas !

More cool Petrol items to come

Cheers

-Dave,

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved