Next Thread
Print Thread
#702251 Wed Jan 10 2018 06:47 PM
R
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
R
2018 CTO show will be at Columbus Ohio Embassy Suites, June 21-23.
More info to follow.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Still the Embassy Suites in Dublin right? Same as last year?

BrianH

Brian H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
does anyone remember the hotel rates at the Embassy Suites?
Looks like about 190.00/nite online. Is this right or do show vendors get a better rate?

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
No longer going to be in Dublin. Will be at another Embassy in Columbus. Kim I believe I'm correct in saying that Andy and Aaron have negotiated a better rate for the show.
Pat

Last edited by puregas; Sun Jan 21 2018 10:15 PM.

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes, they are moving to another Embassy Suites. It has a lot of office buildings around it, which means more space for parking. And I believe Andy worked out a deal with the neighboring office building to allow people to park in the adjacent parking lots. I'm sure he will be posting on it soon.

As far as the rates go, register through the show. You get the best rate possible, plus you get the yearly T-shirt, name tag, etc.

Last edited by Speedracer; Mon Jan 22 2018 01:43 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
For once I thought I was ahead of the game and booked Dublin last night. Guess I need to cancel now.

BrianH

Brian H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for the posts regarding the upcoming Check the Oil Show in Columbus, Ohio June 22-23!

We are in fact moving 12 miles east from Dublin to the Embassy Suites in Columbus. The Embassy in Dublin was excellent to work with and we wish we could have stayed there, but the vacant field across the road that was used for overflow parking is being developed and was no longer available to our group.

The Embassy Suites in Northeast Columbus (2700 Corporate Exchange Dr) offers the same great amenities as the old hotel did with atrium style rooming along with Happy Hour and Breakfast included in the nightly room rate. A shuttle service to and from the airport is also available. The per night cost will be at $136 for registered attendees. Registration is $65 and included in that is a t-shirt and other show materials. We have reserved the entire facility for this year's event and all room reservations will be handled by CTO and not through the hotel at all. The overflow parking areas are from neighboring office complexes and will be clearly marked as such.

For those who registered last year, your packets will be in the mail in the next week. We have started waiting lists for those interested in attending, but are holding spots for last year's registrants first and will begin releasing the extra vending spaces and hotel rooms after those have been received.

The calendar of events will stay largely the same as other years with dealer move in and set up starting at 3:00pm on June 21 (No Early Vending Allowed). Friday, June 22 will be all day and into the night for room trading. Saturday, June 23 at 10:00am with be the annual auction featuring several hundred lots of quality globes, signs, cans, and more!

Hope to see you all there in June!

Aaron Hop

Last edited by olddutchgas; Mon Jan 22 2018 06:15 PM.

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Aaron,
How do I get on the waiting list for a hotel room at the show rate? I checked the CTO events page but didn't see anything.

BrianH

Last edited by BrianH; Wed Jan 24 2018 09:08 AM.

Brian H

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved