Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
puregas Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I received a PM last night asking me why I was trying to "run down" the Susan Moore show on this forum? I don't feel that anything I stated was "my trying to run the show down". If it was perceived that way, then I sincerely apologize to anyone who might have been offended but especially to James and Ivan.
I stated that I had told James two weeks ago at Dixie Gas that I felt that their show is just too soon after Dixie, "IN MY OPINION!" I stated that I believe the show would benefit from a change in date of the show, again, "MY OPINION!". I also stated that I hoped there's a good turnout.
I was also asked in the PM if the Indy Ad show is more than two weeks after Dixie Gas? Then I was told that it has nothing to do with the two week period between shows. Well, again, "MY OPINION", but I believe it has everything to do with the two week period between shows. I don't believe vendors have enough time to find new merchandise after two weeks time. I believe the buying public feels that with the exception of a few new vendors that they will have already seen the merchandise of the vendors two weeks ago. Also, its expensive to go to back to back shows so one will ask themselves, "will it be worth it for me to go to this show?". There are some people, both vendors and the public that live further south that may come to Susan Moore but not Dixie, but overall, since most people have to pick and choose, most people are going to choose a larger, well established show. It also gets back to the fact that not everyone can take off and go to the numerous shows that are out there.
The Indy Ad show has also always drawn a different crowd of people that generally didn't effect the Alabama show. While the Indy Ad show has not always hit on the same weekend as the Dry Creek/Susan Moore show in the past, never before has there been an ad show, a gas and oil show, a general antique show and an auction, all in one venue.
So, IF,"it has nothing to do with the two week period between shows", then what is it??
Again, if I offended anyone, I apologize! As I said earlier, this was just my opinion and I guess I should have kept it to myself! I'm always amazed at how many hits posts on Old Gas get but people hardly post anything anymore. Not hard to understand why. Again, "IN MY OPINION!".
Pat

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Hey,ya know can't express your opinion now a days without offending somebody. I don't think one pm would bother me.Never even heard of this show.

puregas Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Since my post this morning, I have received a modified PM from sender. I was told the question was asked "who is attending" not "who's not going". I was told that I "shouldn't have commented if I was not going and that it makes others not want to go as well". Well again, my opinion, but all the times that I have seen people stating that they're not going to a show has not changed my mind. Look at the discussion about Iowa Gas and how many people said they weren't going and have stopped going. It's still the largest show around.
I will concede that I should not have stated that I was not going. It added nothing positive about the show and to the post. I've always had a tendency to open mouth and insert foot,lol!
Again, I think the world of James and Ivan, and wish them the best for the show. Again, my apologies to those who I might have offended. I hope to go to their
show again in the future.
Hopefully this will be the worst screwup I have made in my life.
Pat

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Hey, Pat....please don't beat yourself up over this. You've been more than open and gracious with your explanations and follow-up post. As you stated, these are your opinions and viewpoint. Woe for us all, if we ever have to stop expressing our thoughts on Old Gas....OR, in this wonderful country of ours. John

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved