Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#690908 Fri Jul 21 2017 06:02 AM
V
OP Offline
V
So bringing my Bennett 646 back to Sinclair HC scheme. I've brought all the paint codes I've found on the forums to my local paint shop and nothing seems to mix up correctly. They all seem to come out too light of a green. The one ppg code I'd like to try is the 40729, however nothing comes up for it in their computer or on a google search. I've tried 51114 which is not valid either and 42718, 43829, 349C and none of which look correct.
Just wondering if anyone has found a good dark early Sinclair color with a valid PPG code. Any help is appreciated

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I use the DARK HUNTER GREEN made by rustoleum It's mighty close.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If you have a pump plate or decal, can't you just bring it to the paint store and find the chip that matches it the closest?

Brian H

Brian H
F
F
Im getting ready to spray a pump for the mid to late 50's HC so its more turquoise than green. I just grabbed the color swatches for Dupont.....which is now axalta, matched the closest green to the globe and get that mixed up. Im spraying Nason Fulthane sungle stage but you can get basecoat mixed up the same way. Seems like the days of accurate codes are gone. Better off doing direct match and mix.

V
OP Offline
V
Thanks guys. I may find an HC plate and try to get it matched or compare color swatches like u say. I was just trying to get the exact correct color used and didn't realize how tough it would be.

T
T
Does anyone have a paint code for the green on sinclair dino pumps?

Did the dino pumps a regular white or an off white like an antique white?

Thanks

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
I used PPG's MAE Omni brand on a couple of square Bennett 2XXX pumps and tried to color match the pump plates, for the green I used 44620, white 90631 (Ford diamond white), and red/orange 60524 (Sinclair Oil co. orange).

Ed

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved