Next Thread
Print Thread
#667984 Mon Oct 03 2016 07:36 PM
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
This billups was stolen off my front porch 9/30. Please be on the lookout for it.
PLEASE use required signature when you ship a sign, especially one of value!!!!!!!

img0.jpg
Last edited by Nubbers123; Mon Oct 03 2016 07:37 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If you wish the Old Gas community to assist you in finding this sign I believe you should give us as much information about the sign as possible.

Where did it disappear from?
What is the size of the sign?
What does the back of the sign look like?
Why are you telling us that we should require signature when shipping a sign?
Since it appears that the sign went missing while being shipped where was its destination?
Lastly, for us who know nothing about signs, is it an original or a reproduction?

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Hi Jack,
This is a rare original pp, roughly 8" in diameter with a dark grey background, that I purchased from a guy around 9/15. After my payment, he mailed it to me in San Antonio by priority mail thru the US Postal system, not fedex or ups. It was left on my front porch by the postal carrier on Friday, 9/30 at 4:33 pm. We know this because of the tracking information available thru the tracking number. No one was home then and there was no requirement that I sign for it.
In most cases the sender can simply add the feature that says the receiving party must sign for the delivery in person or it will not be left on the porch or in the box. If not home you can go get it at a post office.
So since it was "delivered" by the post office by being left on my porch, I am probably out of luck with them, although still trying. Any insurance thru them will not apply according to them at this stage. That leaves my homeowners insurance and that has a 1% deductible. In short, I am screwed!! This is a case of "porch pirates" as they are sometimes called. they follow delivery trucks waiting for a package to be left on a porch. It has turned into a huge problem all over, not just in San Antonio.
Had there been a requirement to sign there would be no problem. I did not specifically ask the sender to use that so part is my fault. I just thought they would because of the $$ involved.
So asking for help if this shows up.
mf

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
How do you know it was actually stolen? USPS tracking only shows package was delivered, but cannot prove where it was delivered to. What if mail person left on wrong porch? It would still show delivered, even though it was delivered to wrong address. Signature is only way to prove it was delivered at correct address. Tracking only provides a false sense of security. My two cents, for what it's worth, it is the sellers obligation to make sure the package is delivered. If he wasn't willing to eat the $ for sign if something happened, he should have required a signature.

Last edited by 72Scamp; Tue Oct 04 2016 06:21 PM.

Ed from South Jersey
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
I have a situation where that is not happening for now. I have "interviewed" the mail boy and got nowhere. He says it was delivered and tracking says "left on front porch"

Last edited by Nubbers123; Fri Oct 07 2016 02:21 PM.
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Well pretty happy ending. My home owners insurance paid for the theft!!!
Since I had replacement value the claim payment, even less the deductible, was full on.
Happy to be a member of Texas Farm Bureau.
DEATH to these "porch pirates" that follow delivery vans just to steal when they drop off!!!

NOW - does anyone have a Billups pp for sale or trade with my Fortune????

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved