Veteran Member
P
Hey Guys,
I'd like to pass on a lead I have for some signs for sale. They are:

6' Texaco round DSP
6' Phillips 66 DSP
6' Pure "Be Sure with Pure" round DSP
6' Gulf Dealer round DSP

This would need to be a deal where the buyer can pick them up in Omaha, NE. If this sounds like something you may be interested in, please shoot me a PM with a cell number and I can text you the pictures. I'm not trying to make any money on this, just would like an oldgasser to benefit if possible.

All Items Offered Must Have Prices

All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
P
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
P
Ok guys, I'm a little overwhelmed by this. I have many interested parties now so I'm gonna go ahead and say no longer available. Thanks for all the interest.

P
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
P
Hey Guys,

I wanted to follow up on this post. There are a number of you that contacted me about these signs and I never got back to you about them. There is a reason for that!

I was offered these signs for sale from a guy I only knew through ebay. He sent me pictures via text of them and gave me a price. I thought long and hard about buying them myself but financial constraints and shipping costs kept me from pulling the trigger. But I still wanted to be able to pass on the deal to an oldgasser if possible so I asked the seller if he could hold on to them through the end of the week. Well that night I received an amazing amount of PMs from people who were interested in the signs. I also received a PM from an astute oldgasser who was aware that some big signs had been stolen the week before from a retailer we all know and love. I sent the text pictures to the oldgasser and he sent them on to the retailer who contacted me to let me know they were, indeed, his signs.

Long story short, I was fortunate enough to be able to help the detective assigned to the case (and another oldgasser who just so happens to be a police officer up in that area) set up a meeting with this guy to "pick up the signs for me" and they nailed him. And the retailer got his signs back. So a happy ending that we don't get to hear enough of. As I said, I share this not only because it's a fun story but I also wanted everyone to know that I wasn't intentionally not responding...just busy trying to help bust this dirtbag.

Happy hunting everyone!

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Bravo.

Ed
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Hope they accidentally rolled a 6' sign right up the dirtbags crotch!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good on you man. This does not happen enough, but who knows with the social media maybe just maybe we can take these scum bags down. Great job!

Have gas all the time
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Well Done!!!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Glad you finally were able to tell people what really happened
Bill

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Good for you. I live here in Nebraska and it really irritates me to know that they are upon us.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved